Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casting summons into houses
(06-18-2015, 12:53 AM)Ziggy Wrote:
Remember that energy vortex and blade spirit can be cast into a house breaking chest and other impassable items that are not locked down.

For the record, this part is not accurate to OSI/era and will be changed with the next patch. Target-able summons will not be able to be casted into a house region.

This post was split from Ziggy's housing security guide.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
(06-18-2015, 01:32 AM)It was accurate we used to drop blades and evs on the patio then telekenisis the door open so they would go inside and kill the people.  Also inside we would cast them then ban them so they would attack enemies at your door.  Jack Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 12:53 AM)Ziggy Wrote: Remember that energy vortex and blade spirit can be cast into a house breaking chest and other impassable items that are not locked down.

For the record, this part is not accurate to OSI/era and will be changed with the next patch. Target-able summons will not be able to be casted into a house region.

Thanks for the guide Ziggy!
(06-18-2015, 03:35 AM)yakka Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 01:32 AM)It was accurate we used to drop blades and evs on the patio then telekenisis the door open so they would go inside and kill the people.  Also inside we would cast them then ban them so they would attack enemies at your door.  Jack Wrote:
(06-18-2015, 12:53 AM)Ziggy Wrote: Remember that energy vortex and blade spirit can be cast into a house breaking chest and other impassable items that are not locked down.

Thanks for the guide Ziggy!

This patch note from 1997 says that it was not possible to summon into a house unless the caster is already in the house:
  • Summoning now tries to find a valid nearby location. They can only be summoned into a house or ship if the caster is in the house or on the ship.
Testing on the demo (mid 1998) confirms that you can not cast an energy vortex into the house, which stays true with this patch note.

Finally, it is still not possible today on OSI to do so, which suggests that this has never been re-enabled since the original 1997 patch to remove it.

So it will stay possible to cast these inside of a house, but only if you are already inside that house.
I quite like that we can cast Energy Vortex into homes! It keeps the house hiders in check! don't take this freedom away from us!
I think I would like to voice the opinion that I would like it to remain so that you can cast summons into people's houses from outside. There are a lot of reasons behind this, and the balance is if you know proper house security, then it's not an issue. I also think if we took this to vote the majority of the people would vote to keep that a part of our gameplay as well.
[Image: tumblr_nbdrgaFV2f1r1bm4jo2_500.gif]
Quote:I quite like that we can cast Energy Vortex into homes! It keeps the house hiders in check!
The issue isn't killing people in their homes, the issue is it is a tool used to trash people's houses. People get their houses trashed for absolutely no reason other than the fact that they have non-locked down items on their porch. This is griefing and I don't see a reason to support it. It's not accurate to the era, so it will be removed.
I agree that the main reason people would be using this is to grief others. I won't miss this being around.
I also agree with your decision Jack.