Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UO Online Map (including UOLL housing)
Have been working on a few side projects while working on the latest patch and pulled a great resource from an old UO website (Angel Island). 

UO World Map

This includes the current state of UO Lost Lands' housing situation, so you can see where houses are (and aren't) to plan your house placement. I will update this to include player vendors at some stage and give players the option to advertise their player vendors on the website, using new options in game. This will make vendors and items easier to find and advertise.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
This is a really bad thing. It will show how small our population is for external people, this might scare them away in the doorway. (It looks total dead)
Then we have people like me that spend hours to log IDOC houses and this show all spots in "bad" areas and will drive people every week to check the status.

It's a nice work on the other hand and if we plan to keep the map there is a icon issue on "Large house with patio" it uses a "brick house" icon in the map.

That is my 2 cents.

-Grim
I see where you are coming from. At the same time those were partially the reasons I thought it would be a nice inclusion, we don't have a shard full of housing like OSI (we have a total of 97 houses at last check), so it reduces the size of the world a bit.

I can remove the housing from the map, it can still be useful for giving player vendor coordinates and such in link form. I did correct the image for the patio and update the script so it reads info from a database but that won't be active until a restart.

If the map is really bad then I can just remove it for the time being.
(05-28-2015, 04:41 PM)Grimoric Wrote: This is a really bad thing. It will show how small our population is for external people, this might scare them away in the doorway. (It looks total dead)
Then we have people like me that spend hours to log IDOC houses and this show all spots in "bad" areas and will drive people every week to check the status.

It's a nice work on the other hand and if we plan to keep the map there is a icon issue on "Large house with patio" it uses a "brick house" icon in the map.

That is my 2 cents.

-Grim

Not trying to force an argument or anything. But I disagree. What Jack is discussing is just another feather in the cap for this server. Keep doing improvements like this and the player base won't bring the new player(s); the service, the quality and creativity will. 

My vote says 'it can't hurt' and its just another quality addition thats being added. If Jack keeps these (not so) minor improvements coming, people will have to take a second or third look at Lost Lands. It's only a matter of time. 

Go Packers-
Abe, 
Thanks Abe, that is along my line of thinking.

Though I am a bit torn on something Grimoric mentioned, given the low amount of housing on the server, this does take away from one of Grimoric's (and others) activities of logging houses to check for IDOC activity. On the other hand, it opens the door to IDOCing for the people that don't want to run over vast amounts of open land looking for a single (oddly placed) house. It is also more likely to increase activity at IDOCs, which can be a good or a bad thing depending on your viewpoint.

I welcome feedback on any changes made, positive or negative, it's good to have some discussion on additions to the shard.
(05-29-2015, 02:45 AM)Jack Wrote: Thanks Abe, that is along my line of thinking.

Though I am a bit torn on something Grimoric mentioned, given the low amount of housing on the server, this does take away from one of Grimoric's (and others) activities of logging houses to check for IDOC activity. On the other hand, it opens the door to IDOCing for the people that don't want to run over vast amounts of open land looking for a single (oddly placed) house. It is also more likely to increase activity at IDOCs, which can be a good or a bad thing depending on your viewpoint.

I welcome feedback on any changes made, positive or negative, it's good to have some discussion on additions to the shard.

It only open the IDOC game to all pvp players. For me its more of a challange to try to find the houses and keep track of the spots. The loot even stays on ground now if we dont find it within a hour after an house collapse. I dont have any pvp fighting skills and I'm not a pvp players and this will only be another version of a open arena event with alot better prize in my opinion. It will push pve players like me away. (One of the main problem is the lag for me, I cant even escape from a battle) So I have beeen running a rune library, idoc hunting, killing monsters for gold and scanning areas for rares instead.

-Grim
Point taken, the map was fun to work with and get the houses displaying, but it does have drawbacks on a small shard. I will remove housing from it, add player vendors to it, and leave it up as a resource. The option to show housing will always be there for later if the shard fills up.
It seems to me the concern is more about individual gain as oppose to the greater good. Regardless, whatever decision is made will be the right one.

Looks great.
I really like it with the houses, seems pointless without it.