Mini Update 2 - Quality of Life - 04/20/15
Small patch with some quality of life things. Achievements didn't make it in with this patch.

I have made a decision on some of the features people find more annoying about playing here, such as cutting bandages one at a time. They are out. This has been a long thought out decision, I don't feel any reason to continue to hold players hostage for a piece of annoying era accuracy. The fact of the matter is that cutting bandages one at a time hasn't given any benefit to anyone and only served to annoy most players.

Without further ado...
  • Cutting cloth will now cut the entire stack into bandages.
  • Item identification is now global, instead of per character. An item is either identified or not.
  • Dye tubs can now be used and targeted from 2 tiles. Dyes can only be targeted from 1 tile away. This will allow public dye tubs. 
  • Terathan warriors will always carry a magic weapon. It can be anything from the worst magic weapon possible, to the best weapon possible.
  • A new town invasion has been added to the list, an Orcish invasion, with a brand new boss monster Gothmog. Gothmog will obey rules of Orcish guilds.
  • The drop rate for masks from monsters has been increased 250%.
  • Accidentally left out, but will be active from next restart: player vendors will have a flat rate fee of ~100 gold per day (96 to be exact). I realise sales are slow and it is tough to keep vendors restocked when overstocking will result in a loss. Until the player economy is flowing a bit more, vendors will have this flat rate fee.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Brilliant!
Makes me wish I had time to play. Stuff should be slowing down soon for me though, and I can't wait lol.

I swear this server is the way OSI UO should have went. Keep the stuff that makes the game badass, get rid of the annoying shit, and add some great content.

If they had UO would still be going strong.
Glad you're as excited as I am, I'm going to be working on churning out content for a while, like the achievement system and additional PvM/PvE things to do. The platinum system will also get an overhaul to make things much more obtainable than they are currently.
(04-20-2015, 12:51 PM)Jack Wrote: Glad you're as excited as I am, I'm going to be working on churning out content for a while, like the achievement system and additional PvM/PvE things to do. The platinum system will also get an overhaul to make things much more obtainable than they are currently.

Nice updates Jack! And yes plz do that about platinum system!

Salutes
Never Dies
Looks good!

When will we have the chance to meet Gothmog? Or are town invasions not announced? And if no, how come?
The town invasion with Gothmog was run today, there will be more, I will run these regularly. I can create new types fairly easily but of course there will be "re-runs" Tongue

I can put them on a schedule as a monster bash type event if people want.
Oh no, we missed Gothmog... :.(

Yes please create a schedule! And please try to sometimes match the time so that it is more or less ok for both US and Europe.
(04-20-2015, 10:23 AM)Jack Wrote: Small patch with some quality of life things. Achievements didn't make it in with this patch.

I have made a decision on some of the features people find more annoying about playing here, such as cutting bandages one at a time. They are out. This has been a long thought out decision, I don't feel any reason to continue to hold players hostage for a piece of annoying era accuracy. The fact of the matter is that cutting bandages one at a time hasn't given any benefit to anyone and only served to annoy most players.

Without further ado...

• Cutting cloth will now cut the entire stack into bandages.
  • Item identification is now global, instead of per character. An item is either identified or not.
  • Dye tubs can now be used and targeted from 2 tiles. Dyes can only be targeted from 1 tile away. This will allow public dye tubs. 
  • Terathan warriors will always carry a magic weapon. It can be anything from the worst magic weapon possible, to the best weapon possible.
  • A new town invasion has been added to the list, an Orcish invasion, with a brand new boss monster Gothmog. Gothmog will obey rules of Orcish guilds.
  • The drop rate for masks from monsters has been increased 250%.
  • Accidentally left out, but will be active from next restart: player vendors will have a flat rate fee of ~100 gold per day (96 to be exact). I realise sales are slow and it is tough to keep vendors restocked when overstocking will result in a loss. Until the player economy is flowing a bit more, vendors will have this flat rate fee.

If i can sugest something, its also annoying sell 5 per 5 on vendors, and wouldnt change nothing if could sell all on gameplay tought, just another sugest
    Salutes
NeverDies Wrote:If i can sugest something, its also annoying sell 5 per 5 on vendors, and wouldnt change nothing if could sell all on gameplay tought, just another sugest

Salutes

This has come up before, the issue is a bit deeper than just selling 5 items at a time. Selling 5 items at a time stops the vendor from going into negative gold if someone sells more than the vendor actually has gold left. Once we have a supply & demand system to recalculate vendor prices, it will also be more of a factor to stop people mass "buying low and selling high".