Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mage guild membership [Fixed Patch 19]
Doesn't seem to be giving any discount.

I looked into this early on and noticed there's no discount. But whether it everreallygave a discount, I don't know. In fact being most the guilds does absolutely squat.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
Well, shit. There went that 500g. THE MAGES ARE RUNNING A RACKET!! Wink

there used to be a disount for certain guilds in certain towns. Regeants would be like 1 gold less in moonglow and mage friendly townsbut would be higer priced in other towns. Same with buying ingotsthey would be slightly less cost from npc. Those were only two guilds I joined so can't speak on anyothers or if there were any other benefits

Yeah, mages guild did give a 1gp per item discount. It was worth it to join back in the day.

I'll try to find some sources on this, from what I remember it was 1gp on the expensive regs (bp/bm), however I will try to find sources first.

Yeah, don't change it unless it can be confirmed; it's not enough of a savings to break the bank.

By Grabthar's hammer... ... what a savings...

Damn you. Now I have to go watch that.

I've looked into this and knocked up some code for discounts when you are a member of the same NPC guild as the NPC you are buying from.

However...

According to UOguide.com, the discount is 10% and the system was "never fully implemented". It seems only for mages and blacksmith guilds.

So here's an interesting fact: 10% of 5gp is 0.5, meaning the most expensive (5gp) regs just getrounded back up to 5. Doesn't make sense right?Well, the kicker is that black pearl and blood moss should actually cost 6gp each. So... BM and BP will go up to 6gp, but you will be able to get a mages guild discount to buy them for 5. Hoorah! Smile

This may or may not make the next patch due to the fact it could potentially create an exploit of vendors buying items for more than they sell them for. I need to go through and check every item the vendor sells and whether it is bought back for more, or whether another type of NPC vendor does..