Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mining and smelting - Blacksmithy
Does your mining skill affect the amount of ingots you get back when smelting items using the Blacksmithy menu?

Thanks!

[Image: 08942da1f31ef72e61336c04aae0559c.jpg]
From a quick look, it doesn't appear so. It looks like the current mechanics for smelting are:

Is this player crafted?

1. Yes - give back half the ingots it took to craft
  2. No - give back one ingot

I don't think that's era accurate, so something to research and fix up.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
K, thanks!

IIRC, back in the day if you failed your skill check, it would destroy half of your raw materials. This is one reason why we always smelted (or cooked food) one piece at a time. Unless you're talking about melting down unwanted armor bits, then I don't recall what the return was. Of course, I'm old and curmudgeony, so my brain may be remembering this incorrectly. Big Grin

Yea it does that here, I still smelt colors one at a time ^.^ Good suggestion for those new people wanting to make every ingot stretch.

I meant the items you make while gaining smithy, if mining made a diffrence in how many ingots you got back when smelting the item through the smithy menu.

Jack answerd it for me though. Thanks!

I'm not sure if mining was involved during t2a or not, my memory isn't so good anymore lol. I know it was at some point during uo's history, no idea when tho.

I've looked into this and it is indeed the mining skill that should be checked. I don't know exactly how many resources should be returned though, I believe that should be based on mining too. Or maybe it should just be a flat amount.

You have to have mining to smelt items made from colored ore here. So that part works hehe.

I'll be carefully looking into this in the first quarter of next year when I delve into the crafting systems Smile

I wish they'd had plants in this era. I miss growing plants for my houses.