Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future of UO Lost Lands.
Please feel free to voice either your concerns or what you would like to see implemented on this shard here.

Currently in development, or is planned to be in development soon:

• Big website revamp to make us look more attractive to potential players. Your mind will be blown by how pretty it looks. We have the best working on it.
  • Town invasions (currently in development - expected development time is before easter)
  • Regular monster bash events (currently in development - integrates with the above)
  • PvM tracking/leaderboards(integration with the website - may take a while, in the next month or so)
  • Platinum system revamp - increasing purchasing power of platinum - in the next month or so
  • Easter event (probably before easter)

There's plenty more in the pipeline but this is in the immediate future. If you have any ideas, suggestions or concerns, feel free to post them and they will be considered.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
All I got to say is..... Sounds great! ^.^

[Image: 08942da1f31ef72e61336c04aae0559c.jpg]
I agree with Xandorf

Looks good, just take away afk platinums please.

your online population has dwindled to 30ish. it peaked in the 70's.

ok, if the t2a nazis can leave this alone, mebbe you should consider making the game easier here for second age. people come and then they go when the game becomes a pain in the butt.

you can keep the second age pvp and action. these things make this server great.

what sucks is cutting bandages one at a time, moongates that are not selectable, not being able to use blank scrolls for raising cartography. stuff like that makes people sample the server and then leave. those are just a few items. one more biggie is the interior decorator tool. find a way to not allow upside down ruins and PUT IT IN THE GAME. i have 3 friends onthis server who bitch about that big time. all three are new UO players. i dont blame them.

jack, you need to make this game easier to play. people dont have the patience they had in the 90's, when this game was the only mmorg around. give them them the FUN experience of second age. that will bring people here. give up the t2a purists stuff. it hurts your server.

2 more things, both related. bring in all the reniassance houses AND consider the house placement tool. one of the most powerful things that UO ever did was custom designed housing. you WILL get a bigger population if you have that. the new players that i play with would be blown away by, custom designed houses.

some of this stuff is not t2a. but do they change the flavor of t2a? do they change the pvp, the felucca only wild west, the fear you had going into dungeons?

if you stick to strict t2a, which you have relented some, you will succeed in keeping your online population to 30 purists. (btw, i would have left my 15 characters here if you changed the ren crafting menus)

one other item, platinum.

man the drop rate sucks. i have been here 2 months and have gathered 18 platinum off of critters. wow.

also, put up furniture dye tubs and special dye tubs THAT ARE PERMANENT. 10 charges make them useless. sell them for 250 platinum.

the only things worth buying with platinum as is are the black dye tubs and the phoenix armor.

I disagree. My oldest character is 20 days or so and I have 55 platinum.. I like the gates. They aren't a pain. The game is already easy to play with razor. Practically dumbed down to ridiculousness. Cutting bandages is easy. Takes me less than 5 minutes to cut some on alternate account. The shard is young. I'm hoping it doesn't turn into something other than "The Lost Lands" t2a.

You get 10 platinum per account per month just to leave toons idle. If you didn't know. I have the black dye tub and over 270 more platinum it is not that hard to get. You get platinum for winning in events as well. Players peaked in the 80s and a bunch of the purists as you call them seem to have left with last patch adding some non t2a content. Cutting bandages 1 at a time is another oppurtunity for player vendors to sell bandages. I just let my toons cut bandages while I am sleeping and wake up with 1000s. Moongates are so much better and faster now. Interior decorator would be nice and house placement tools wouldn't hurt although there is so much open space at the moment. Jack is constantly working at making it fun and is now working on a bunch of pvm/pve stuff. He has also stated he is not opposed to adding some elements that don't change the mechaincs, look, and feel. Custom houses are an abomination and major eye sores that would change the look and feel of the era.

Most new servers have this kind of flow of users.If you look at the graphs of population on the JoinUO website, before the burst of players we had a few months ago, the server user base was dwindling. We had peaked around 60 and were dropping below 20.Most servers usually either shut down, or stop supporting their shard when this happens. No matter whats happens with the population, I will be doing neither of those. I will continue to add new functionality and events to the shard.I will keep on supporting it and making it a great place to play.

The best thing any players can do to help with population, is to vote. Very few people take the time to vote but it is very helpful, the only regular "new player" traffic comes from these voting websites, and since losing players on the regular is inevitable, the best place to keep this somewhat steady is through voting websites. Unfortunately our Google ranks are just not good enough yet to take a decent portion of the people who Google Search for UO shards.

I agree that platinum stuff is too expensive. Very little has been purchased from the platinum system in the entire server's lifetime.As I mentioned in the OP, I will be tweaking platinum to make playing more rewarding in regards to its purchasing power. At least until there are more effective ways to gather platinum.This may extend to increasing the drop rate.There won't be any patches geared toward PvP/PvP events for a while, so the majority of work is going to be going into additional content, world eventsand interesting "stats" (achievements, kill logs) for characters.

I hate to say it but custom housing is completely off the cards. Even most UO:R shards do not include it, as players can make houses that are complete eyesores. It simply does not belong in this era.

One other thing I have talked with a player about is the idea of offering support in creating "player run towns", allowing things like roads to be purchased for a cost of resources.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
i figured that custom housing was a long shot. no worries.

but, how about the rest of reniassance houses? especially the villa and log cabins?

the other controversial thing may be, factions? whats your feeling on that? that addresses town ownership.