Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cartography Macro
Cart is not difficulty based so it doesn't matter which type of map you make, you'll get the same gains.

Make a razor macro that does the following:

Useskill cartography
Wait 0.5s (or wait for menu)
Select option (whichever map you want to make)
Wait 10s
(loop)

say you buy 120 maps each time, you will have to come back to the keyboard and buy new maps every 21 minutes.

To afk the macro you need to incorporate for loops with a buy/sell agent.

I personally do it like this:
Set up a buy agent to buy xx amount of maps. I do it with 20 maps at a time.

Buy agent: 20 blank maps (it will buy the first map in the list, which if in stock, are blank maps. however it will buy ANY TYPE OF MAP if there are no blank maps in stock - ruining your macro.

Sell agent: sell 5 maps

Before you start the macro, set your character to autofollow the NPC selling maps, and make sure you have gold in your pack to buy new maps. The buy agent will not buy any new maps if you already have them in your pack, so it's best to start with 20 blank maps.
--------------------------------------------------------
Macro:
For (1 to 20) //20 maps
Useskill Cartography
Wait 0.5s
Choose Option (map you want to make - doesnt matter)
wait 10s
endfor

for (1 to 4) //sell 4 times, 5 maps each time = 20 maps
[vendor name] sell //use the vendor name, as this will make your character avoid attempting to sell to the wrong npc
wait 1s
endfor

[vendor name] buy //buys another 20 maps
--------------------------------------------------------

It is possible to completely afk this macro, however it works better at high levels and it can fail at any time due to maps running out and your macro will start buying all the pre-drawn maps on the vendor. Also you need gold on your person to afk the macro, and thieves will try to grief you by stealing the gold.

The way it works is because every time you sell a drawn map, the NPC will stock 1 more blank map. This is also why it works better at high levels, as when your cart is 50 you will lose a lot of your maps and your character will start to buy the pre-drawn maps. Try to pick a vendor that has a lot of maps to begin with.

With 90+ cart I have been gaining around 1.0 cart per hour, slowing down a little now I am at 95.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Can't use Target by type, Razor can''t find a new blank map.

If you use the UO:R styled menu, you won't receive the prompt to target:

"This will only work with a UO:R styled menu since the T2A menu prompts you to select a map."

But you just reminded me that not even the T2A menu should require a target, I need to fix that!

How can I change the style of the menu back to UO:R? I think already chose the T2A style.

[Craftmenu

Apologies for this guys, with the next patch I will change the T2A menu to be non target based like it should. Then if you don't mind I'll delete these posts from the guide as they'll be irrelevant Smile

Thanks! Yes, go ahead and delete Smile

Cant seems to get the buy agent to buy maps. He has maps and will buy them back. I tested what I was doing with regs and that works. Am I missing something?
The buy agent works on ItemID and will buy the first item in the list of the vendor which has a matching item id. Make sure you have the correct one.
bought one set it to that oneĀ and tried a couple times. I asked in chat too and someone had the same issue with maps.