Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Scripting and AFK harvesting on UO Lost Lands
If you are found to be scripting or AFK harvesting on Lost Lands, the following will happen:
  1. First Offense is a warning and confiscation of resources. There will be no arguing what resources are valid to take - you are breaking the rules.
  2. Second offense will result in a ban time for 24 hours, and confiscation of resources.
  3. Continued offenses will either result in extended jail time, temporary bans, and of course confiscation of resources. On the third offense your achievement progress in all harvest related achievements will be wiped, and you will never again be eligible to receive achievement progress in these on any of your accounts.
It is not fair on anyone to AFK resource gather or to raise your skills in a manner Razor is not otherwise capable of. AFK resource harvesting is never okay, regardless of whether you use Razor to do it or not. Time spent policing players who wish to indulge in these activities directly take time away from staff's work on more important things (like bettering the shard, and creating content for you).

UO Lost Lands has a harvest tracking system which allows us to very easily see who is harvesting, how long they have been harvesting, and how many resources they have acquired. If you AFK harvest, you will be caught and it will not take long for you to be caught either. You have been warned and there will be no sympathy for offenders.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Personally, I think first offense should be jailing, and second offense should be banning. We don't need afk resource gathering here.

banning is extreme, but should take resources for sure every time caught

Judging by the boats I've seen around, I'm guessing this is partially a taming issue, so there's no easy way to confiscate anything.

If after a warning someone doesn't stop doing it, then they're just being a dick.In any case, I'm for whatever punishment Jack wants so long as there's punishment. Afk gathering is lame.

1: Warning and take resources

2: Warning, take resources,and set skills back to newb level

3: Banning.

I want to bring this to the forefront again, I am seeing more and more of this.  Although Jack and I cannot be online at every moment, there is a process that watches people gathering resources.  It tells us who they are, how long they have been gathering and how many of each resource they have gotten.  If I come online and run this command this is what I see.  If I come to that person and they do not respond to me, I am going to follow policy.  I don't want afk resource gatherers here and neither should you.  If you are running a macro, I don't care if you run it 24h a day but if you get up to take a pee and leave it running YOU ARE AFK macroing.  Turn off your macro if you value your accounts.  This is no different than it has been on EA/OSI shards for 18 years.  It's no different here.

One more thing, if I am in the process of having you in jail, verifying your "afk-ness" and you come back to your screen and disrespect the robe by saying "this is BS" or anything of the like, I am going to straight 24h ban you.  I am not policing the shard for a salary and I have a real life which doesn't include taking lip from players.
Veranis likes this post
"Disrespect the robe".
Apoc[PEE] - Today at 4:10 PM
if i was near you i'd bang you the fk out
OK I have seen some words of late in Discord related to "AFK mining/LJ, etc. for 'skill', not for resources". Please let me clarify. If you are AFK, and your macro yields a resource, you are AFK resource gathering. If you are doing this for skill and have to go pee, pause your macro!!! Certainly you aren't going to miss out on much. I hope this clears things up.
Wiz Kid likes this post
I am starting to see an uptick of this going on, and they know who they are.  I understand with our upswing in population you might want to have additional resources for sale or for training, but that does not change policy.  As Jack stated earlier, we do have an automated system tracking resource gatherers that tells us how long and how many of each resource they have gathered.  I would hate for anyone to lose anything just because they can't follow the rules.
Isis likes this post
(05-21-2016, 12:00 AM)Darwin Wrote: I am starting to see an uptick of this going on, and they know who they are.  I understand with our upswing in population you might want to have additional resources for sale or for training, but that does not change policy.  As Jack stated earlier, we do have an automated system tracking resource gatherers that tells us how long and how many of each resource they have gathered.  I would hate for anyone to lose anything just because they can't follow the rules.

We also have very bored players who will serve justice towards these scoundrels