Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
armor types
so, quick question

since leather armor interferes with mana regen, as does every other armor type.. it seems like there is no point wearing armor unless you are gonna wear the heaviest most protective stuff you can... right? So for my tamer who only uses magery to gate around.. I might as well wear plate armor since my mana regen is messed up no matter what i wear.

Am I doing it wrong? is there a point to wearing leather or studded leather armor?

You're not doing it wrong. Generally there's only 3 types of armor that are really "worth it" to wear:

Nothing

Chain

Plate

Plate comes with negative consequences since it has large dex loss. It is also the worst in the game regarding meditation rates.Some pieces of ringmail and studded are helpful for avoiding dex loss (such as ring arms, ring hands, studded gorgets), and you might find magic pieces of ring or even studded that are better than their chain/plate counterparts of lower magiclevels.

If BODs were implemented it would give some actual use to tailors beyond just making clothing.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
Ok, good to know i'm not doing anything too stupid by wearing plate on my tamer then lol

curious, what would BODs introduce that would give use to tailors?

please no runic hammers!

Just something to do with their craft, no runic hammers or anything of the sort. Rewards will be entirely cosmetic rares.

There may need to be extra materials introduced but these will only be useful for bods - they will not provide any bonuses that are not normally available in T2A through regular crafting.

Why not just make Leather Armor 100% med through?

It's a balance consideration. Mages would gain a benefit when they don't need one.
Changing leather to 100% med would require PvP rebalancing. The current system as it stands wouldn't work very well if leather was allowed - fights would go on forever.

A lot of T2A shards allow it, but most of these either roll with the default RunUO damage system (which has the same chance of rolling 1, 25 or 50 damage on a 1-50 damage weapon), and the majority of them nerf mini heal to only heal around 8-10health.

gm carpenters could make stone items with a stonemason book. its not t2a and doesnt effect anything in game. stone items look nice.

Ya You are right. Imo mages already have a sizable advantage in pvp and further dmg reduction from weapons would just make them unbalanced.