Patch 3 - 09/24/14 - Pre Launch
  • Massive spawn update. All mainland dungeons and T2A hunting areas should have mostly T2A accurate spawn. Hopefully all non-T2A era creatures have been removed from the game.
  • You can now provoke monsters/animals onto players. They will pursue until either the player is dead, out of range or hidden.
  • Everything that should have the (invulnerable) tag, should have it now (I hope!)
  • Player mobiles which are casting a spell, paralyzed or otherwise frozen now carry the tag (frozen) after their name.
  • NPCs/creatures carry the frozen tag when paralyzed or otherwise can't move (eg, a reaper)
  • Items do not decay on boats.
  • Hopefully everything that is supposed to deposit a bank check, now deposits gold instead. There should be no way to obtain a bank check.
  • More skill gain adjustments.
  • Big update to magic jewelry/clothing, it is now in the state it will be for release. It can be tweaked at a later date based on feedback.
  • Yellow hued names (when invulnerable status) should no longer exist. No NPC should show a title when single clicked (eg, "Jack the healer guildmaster")
  • The only NPCs in the game that are invulnerable, should now be: Town Crier, Stable Master and player vendors.
  • Update to evil mages. They correctly wear a red/blue coloured robe depending on their type. Evil mages do not have blue sandals, however normal NPC mages do. Evil mages show their words of power when casting. They also have hair Smile
  • A 1000ms action delay has been implemented. I may consider making this 500ms for lift/equip, depending on how this affects the fast paced PvP. With good timing, 1000ms should be okay, especially with the next 2 points.
  • Spell damage delay (for delayed spells) increased to 0.75 (from 0.5). Disturb delay increased a flat 0.25s, on top of an earlier 0.25s flat increase.
  • The ItemID system should now be fully working. Items which have been IDed, only show up as IDed to the player whom IDed them. For example, if Jack identifies a halberd as vanquishing, it will still show up as "a magic halberd" to any player who has not identified the item. Checked for all base types and seemed to be fully working.
  • Recall runes no longer show the facet they are marked on, as the only facet is felucca.
  • You can mark and recall anywhere except Wind dungeon. Currently you can recall between Lost Lands and Britannia. This will change in a future patch.
  • Set up server to be in a state ready for launch (eg, 3 accounts per IP, item decay set to 30 minutes, disabled test center locally, etc)
  • Farmable cotton/crops are only harvestable every 20 minutes. This will probably be decreased.
  • Provoke range is a flat 15 between creatures, instead of being based on skill level.
  • Locked down runebooks can be used by anyone. You can not withdraw runes unless it is in your pack.
  • You can not ride a mount that is currently in combat.
  • Some changes to mage AI to make spellcasters not quite as berserk. Bandaid patch until I have more time to work on AI in general.
  • Bandages now cut one at a time. Each bandage weighs 1 stone, cloth/bolts have been adjusted to match this weight value.
  • Adjusted the stealing skill. The chance of being caught stealing is now based on weight and the number of human NPC/players in the area.
  • Gnarled staves may now spawn with the same properties as a wand (eg, gnarled staff of identification, fireball)
  • Wands/gnarled staves that cast magery spells, now have a 4 second delay between uses, as do teleport rings.

There isn't much left to do before the server is in a releasable state. However, I will play-test the server before a soft 'beta' launch to find any possible issues that could crash the server. There have been a lot of changes from the RunUO default status, with 0 people currently playing the shard. Although I do my best to test each and every change, there are likely unforeseen possibilities that could cause server crashes.

[Image: jack-sig.png]