Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How to gain Meditation
Your magery doesnt matter. Whats your meditation skill at?
*Cr3w*  *WAR US*                  ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐                    *Cr3w*  *WAR US*
[Image: coFgqHB.gif]
See Jack's original post to get the optimal value for skill gain. At 23.5 med you should be trying to med at 90ish mana. BTW it takes me 2-3 days to GM med using the drunk method so it wont shoot up as fast as you think.. However if you leave a macro running overnight, shave off another 5-7 points from the macro because as you gain you can't adjust the values because you are asleep.
The spell you cast matters. You have to have a chance to succeed at Med to gain. You are probably setting your "if" stement to too low a mana value.

at 23.5 med with 100 int, your ideal range is 100-23.5 = 76.5. Since you are at 62 i will assume you are casting ebolt at a cost of 20 mana. You would want your "if" statement to cast only when mana is above 90-95. At 90 mana if you cast e-bolt, your mana drops to 70. THIS is when your macro will attempt to meditate. 70 is close enough to 76.5 that you will get some nice steady gains.

If your "if" statement is set to 70, that means most of the time you are trying to trigger at 50ish mana whihc will rarely succeed. Just bump up the mana check by 20 points or so and you should be fine.
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage
Does Town Crier Runebook not work here?
Raising meditation with alcohol bottles was really a pain for me. Gains were soooo slow. So I stopped trying it and switch to training magery and meditation together.
This method made me GM meditation before I hit GM magery.

The macro I use is this one (I used it at a bank with the bankbox open):

if mana < X
use meditation skill
else
exec: restock agent
target self
pause 1sec
cast spell
wait for target
target spellbook
End if

For the X I used total mana minus meditation skill = X
And X doesn't go below 40.
[Image: I34cGTd.png]
I've found that doing mediation separately has proven to be a waste of time. I just did meditation when I macro magery.

My macro tends to be as follows
Use Skill: Meditation
Exec Restock
Absolute Target
Pause 1.00
If Mana >
Cast Spell
Wait For Target
Target Self
Pause 1.00

This ensures you spam mediation, I left the numbers blank for > and the spell being cast.. At low level med, I'd keep the > number high and as you progress lower it.
Bobby Boulders and The Gods like this post
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]
Drunk meditation here is tricky; you have to drink a lot to get to the ideal range, and too drunk means you lose too much mana to be in the ideal range. Varak's post on the first page does a great job explaining the range.

If I remember correctly you can get wasted (0 mana) and then start the macro with a little wait time before hitting the sweet spot. If you ever get too sober it takes getting too drunk to dip back around the ideal mana point. To deal with this the macro takes 5 drinks every time it's time to drink. With the information Jack posted I was able to adjust the mana value in this macro to get adequate results. 

That being said, I only used this macro on one toon. Meditation gains are good enough during magery training if you're adjusting your mana values based on Jacks info. 
Code:
!Loop
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|1|1|75
Assistant.Macros.ForAction|5
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|2459|True
Assistant.Macros.WaitForTargetAction|2
Assistant.Macros.HotKeyAction|1059|
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.EndForAction
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:20
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|46
Assistant.Macros.SpeechAction|8|52|3|ENU|0|.
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10.5000000
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction
(06-23-2016, 01:11 PM)Skrap Wrote: I've found that doing mediation separately has proven to be a waste of time.  I just did meditation when I macro magery.

My macro tends to be as follows
Use Skill: Meditation
Exec Restock
Absolute Target
Pause 1.00
If Mana >
Cast Spell
Wait For Target
Target Self
Pause 1.00

This ensures you spam mediation, I left the numbers blank for > and the spell being cast..  At low level med, I'd keep the > number high and as you progress lower it.
didnt think of putting in meditation at the top so you spam it until your mana is up enough to cast your spell...gj skrap and thx! i always did meditation after casting the spell and system msg if you fail to med wait 10 sec then med again and sometimes would fail that one too so the macro would spam at if mana->whatever i have set to at the top waiting for me to get enough mana to cast
New on the server and would like some help? You are welcome to join our new players guild NEW. You can reach us in Discord
Elders of NEW are: The Gods, Ornithology, Groucho, Van, Kj(Temporary Co-GM), Catweazle(Temporary Co-GM), Pringles, and Black

Some people on here made some great points about raising meditation with magery. I agree if you have the resources. I’m probably a bit of a scrooge though. You can save reg costs by doing most of your magery macroing during power hours. You can get a lot more casts per hour during that power hour with high meditation. After my first couple characters, I took a day and just macro’d drunken meditation to get it in to the 60’s to 70’s before I started using my power hours for magery on new characters. Then just let it finish naturally as you macro magery:

1. It’s a lot cheaper doing magery and meditation this way
  2. It’s not nearly as fast as macroing by the bank 24/7 until GM
  3. It’s considerably faster than raising both from low levels during power hours.

If you’ve got fat stacks of cash, do as they said and just work meditation and magery together. Don’t forget to buy both into the 30’s for 300ish gold from an NPC. What a Deal! It’s also wise to buy magery at 50 during creation (assuming you don’t have another high resource using skill you need to take– crafter).  

If you are cheap and patient, drunken meditation is still a good option. I would not recommend using a power hour on meditation. Save that power hour for skills that consume a lot of resources (magery, crafting, etc).
Veranis likes this post
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage