Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magical items constantly draining charges
Currently any magical items with charges with passive effects such as night eye, strength, cunning, etc. are not working properly. When you equip an item like this it applies the effect, using a charge, and then drains further charges at a rate of about 1 per 5 seconds or so as long as you are wearing it.

Taking an item off immediately ends the effect even when its something that should last for a couple minutes, like a bless.

This is a feature and not a bug. These type of items would be kind of broken in PvP situations if they did not constantly drain and auto-reapplied charges when they were out, especially items like inivisibility and magic reflect.It also makes them require some tactics to use in PvP instead of "set and forget", as it's expensive to leave items equipped.

They were changed to work this way in patch 16.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
I did just see someone at the bank with a nightsight item equipped, and the animation playing every 5 seconds looks very silly. The animations shouldn't replay every time a new charge is applied - I'll take a look into those.

alright, it makes magical jewely pretty useless though.

I wasn't expecting it to auto reapply the spell when it ran out, but the way I remember it was that to recast it on yourself you had to un-equip it and re-equip it to use a new charge on yourself.

Having a bless or strength or whatever spell last for only a half minute or so before your item running out of charges is completely useless.

5 second drains completely elimates their usefulness. T2A had them on regular magic effect timing, between 2-3 minutes if I remember right.

Does it affect PvP? Absolutely. I romped lots of folks back in the day because of stat gain items. Back then people didn't really ever figure it out.

It's common here to get stat items with 80+ charges. That is nearly 7 full minutes of stat buff from a single item that is not even very uncommon. I wouldn't call that useless. Also, I'd consider reflect items to be one of, if not the most powerful items in T2A.

Reflect items are very useful. All you have to do is put them on a hotkey and equip when you see trouble coming. I also use the heck out of the teleport items.