Patch 19 - 01/21/15 - Quality of Life, Stablemasters, Smelting
Events
  • CTF has been shifted to 6pm.

Gold
  • Life has been good in Britannia, and vendors will now horde their gold less. Each vendor now carries a maximum of 10,000 gold, and restock 2,500gp per hour. Up from 2,000 max gold and ~200 gold an hour.
  • There has been an oversupply of magic weapons and armor to the smiths of Britannia, and vendors are not willing to pay quite as much for them.
  • Gold in the top level of your bank box no longer counts toward the total item count or weight of the bank box.
  • Fixed a bug where monsters would sometimes drop "0 gold". This just appeared to be a normal gold coin, but was unstackable. On server restart, any pile of "0 gold" will turn into a single gold piece.
  • When using the "withdraw" command with a banker, it is now checked whether the gold will actually fit in your backpack. The gold will also automatically stack with any existing pile in the top level of your backpack.

Items in General
  • When separating a stack of items, a failed drop (such as into an overloaded backpack, or a container you don't have access to, or is too far away) will now result in the stacks recombining. This will only happen if the previous stack has not been tampered with, otherwise it will bounce to the previous location.
  • When dropping a stack of items onto another stack of items, that would result in the combined pile being higher than 60,000, the result will be a stack of 60,000 and a new stack of the remaining amount.
  • The NPC mages guild is now functional. The discount is 10%, meaning the only reagent that is actually affected is blood moss (which is now 6gp). Any item over 6gp from the vendor will be affected by this.
  • You may now drop multiple scrolls onto a spellbook at once (eg, 5 greater heal scrolls), and it will fill the book with 1 scroll.
  • Items are now prefixed with the amount instead of suffixed. Eg, before the patch 50 black pearl would've had the label "Black Pearl : 50", now it will read "50 Black Pearl". Let me know if you notice any odd item descriptions.
  • The (blessed) tag on blessed items is now appended to the item label instead of on a separate line. eg "sandals (blessed)".

Resmelting & Scissoring
  • Resmelting is now based from your mining skill, and the resource the item was made from.
    • Ingots returned: [Mining Skill / 100] * 0.66 * [Resources Required for Item]. Minimum of 1 ingot is returned.
    • Non player crafted items always return 1 ingot.
    • You can now fail to resmelt items. This is based on the resource used to create the item. The chance of success/failure is tied to your mining skill, and equal to that of smelting an ore of the same type. Failure results in the item being deleted and 0 ingots returned.

• Scissoring items cannot be failed, but uses the same formula, with tailoring:
    • [Tailor Skill / 100] * 0.66 * [Craft Resources]. With tailoring, a non-player crafted item results in the returned amount being halved.

Stable Masters
  • Animals in the stable are now removed after 1 week if not claimed. To give a little leniency on this patch, pets stabled pre-patch have an extra week. Once they are re-stabled, they follow normal rules.
  • Animals no longer transfer from stable to stable. Each stable master now has their own list of pets they are currently holding, if you stable an animal with a particular stable, you will have to pick it up from the same one. Pets that were stabled before the patch, are claimable from any stable. Once they are re-stabled, they will follow the new rules.
  • Each stablemaster will hold a maximum of 50 pets. This can be increased if there is a serious shortage of stable spots.
  • The stable master no longer has a "claim list". If you wish to withdraw a particular pet, you must know the name of it. Otherwise, you must claim all your pets.

Misc
  • Monsters will never spawn with over 100 in any skill. These changes will not appear in the Bestiary yet. Updates to the Bestiary are planned, including loot information.
  • Blade Spirit wrestling value has been fixed, this was making blade spirits much stronger against monsters than they should have been. The overall strength of Energy Vortexes and Blade Spirits need some looking into.
  • Fixed an issue where dungeon chests would always decay on the next save after they were unlocked. This could result in chests decaying almost immediately after being unlocked.
  • Fixed an issue with Bagball not starting correctly.
  • Cooking a stack of food now results in either success or failure for the entire stack. The entire stack of raw materials will be deleted either way.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
I'm only getting a max of 5500 from the vendors atm.

[Image: 08942da1f31ef72e61336c04aae0559c.jpg]
I'm also only getting 5500 max from the vendors.

I think there's a bug related to the mage guild. I joined right after this patch.Several times the past couple of days I try to buy regs and have a little more than enough gold and the npc says I don't have enough. I then reduce the amount (usually down between 10-20 regs) and the transaction goes through.

Both of these issues will be fixed with the next restart

The server has restarted with a few fixes:

• Members of the mages guild should now properly receive the discount. Before the discount was only visual and applied only to the buy window, resulting in sometimes it seemed like you had enough money to pay for regs but didn't.
  • Vendors should now properly restock gold up to 10,000.
  • All stabled pets are once again "grandfathered" until they are withdrawn from a stable. All issues with withdrawing pre-patched pets should be fixed. Let me know if you have any issues with withdrawing prepatch pets.
  • You are now able to cook using a heating stand in your backpack.
  • Boats now show their decay status. Boats take 14 days to decay, up from 9.
  • The IRC bot will now reconnect itself when disconnected.
  • Gifts will be available on the 14th of February EST. You mustlog induring these hours to receive them. If you are already logged in and do not relog, you will not get them.

If testing goes smoothly, we'll see the new tournament system released this weekend and integrated into the event schedule. Otherwise it'll be next weekend.