Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Era accuracy/Tweaks
So here is my list of things that I've seen in game that are a little off/incorrect. I'll add to, remove, or tweak this list as I find more or as things get fixed.

Minor things

<hr />
Stable master NPC missing in Moonglow outside the inn. (Sextant coords: 39o 43'N, 144o 0'W)

Lizardmen should drop either a war mace or a short spear(based on graphic)

Bales of cotton should sell to NPCs for 41 gold, not 51.(This is how I got cash on new characters, trust me on this. XD)

Spawn north of Brit graveyard inaccurate(Needs ogres, couple less trolls.)

Moonglow needs mongbats

Moonglow graveyard spawn incorrect

Brit Graveyard spawn inaccurate

Major things

<hr />
Large amount of spawns missing around Despise dungeon valley(Am willing to work with GM to recreate what I remember)

Spawns in general need to be tweaked. (I'm seeing very very large clusters of mobs. Some clustering is to be expected, but this goes beyond 'normal' clustering)

Cheers, a lot of the mainland spawns are quite "RunUO default", meaning they haven't been worked on, so we can add in a few of those things Smile I will catch up with you regarding them.

According to Stratics 1999, bales of cotton should actually sell for 61 gold. I'm not saying you're wrong (in fact Stratics could very well be wrong), but we prefer to go with documented sources where we can. Vendorprices in general do need an overhaul, though it's a lot of data entry and time most likely better spent elsewhere (such as crafting and getting some fun events going). I can check the demo for the price of bales of cotton.

Thanks for the reports!

[Image: jack-sig.png]
well not a big deal but there used to always be a jeweler at jhelom bank with the minter and banker.

• Vesper tanner shop basementshould have a thief guildmaster
  • South island of Jhelom should have a wandering thief guildmaster.
  • Provisioners are selling plant bowls, but plants weren't around yet in this era
  • When attacking NPCs, they call you a 'villan'. Correct spelling is 'villain'.
  • When attacking some NPC vendors, they don't fight back other than trying to call guards
  • Vendors will call you 'scum' and tell you to get out, but sell/buyanyway.
  • No-housing area along the mountains outside of Wrong Valley seems to be too large (?)

These are all small things, just dropping them here for posterity.

*Edit: Never mind, I just went and read the update notes and see that some of these are fixed. My bad Big Grin

I also noticed tinkers don't sell boards and ingots, unless someone has been buying them out.

Whoops, I edited Talia's post instead of replying.

I can correct all these except vendors fighting with the next patch. Vendors fighting back is something I already tinkered with, but caused more issues than it solved so I scrapped it. I will look at it when I have more free time.

Tinkers aren't selling boards/ingots, I will correct that.

Spawns:

In AUG 2000, UO Spawn Map utilities was created by Drako and got UO Pro status by Origin.

http://web.archive.org/web/2000083117261...osmu.shtml

It was based first on the BITMAP spawn version created by Calsted that was made for UO and released before T2A.

Here is the latest version of his BITMAP. Made clost to T2A release.

(Point 17. I thing they added two demons outside of the bildings some time in T2A)

[Image: 4EGmJrZl.jpg]

Full Size: http://imgur.com/4EGmJrZ

This is from Lost Lands but i dont have any information on then it was made and so on.

I dont agree on that it was horses in Lostlands, the ones found was players that ride them there to get a "cooler" mount.

[Image: 5jyQhghl.jpg]

Full size: http://imgur.com/5jyQhgh

Yes I know I collect all UO stuff I can find and, Im up over 20 GB now Smile

/Grim

Edit here is a link to the orginal image IMGURdestryed themthem up.

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/c6e...714/79608d
========== HERE IS A TEXT FILE WITH THE SPAWN TEXT ==========

Spawn Key: Heavy = Spawn every 5 minutes, Medium = Spawn every 20 minutes, Light = Spawn every hour; Orc Party = Orc Lord, Orc mage, Ettin, 5 Regular Orcs (no chests or standards)

Nice!

Cheers Grimoric, great info. I will take some time to review it after the next set of patches.