Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peacemaking questions
Howdy, fellow server-mates!

I am making a bard and have encountered a question that I am looking for some clarification on.

The Peacemaking skill, as useful as it is, seems to be only lasting a second or two at most.

Is Peacemaking different from, let's say, the AoS era?

Does it only reset aggro and allow the creeps to immediately re-aggro afterwards or is there a delay depending on how high you are in the skill?
(05-22-2017, 03:39 PM)Shawaine Wrote: Howdy, fellow server-mates!

I am making a bard and have encountered a question that I am looking for some clarification on.

The Peacemaking skill, as useful as it is, seems to be only lasting a second or two at most.

Does it only reset aggro and allow the creeps to immediately re-aggro afterwards or is there a delay depending on how high you are in the skill?

Peacemaking has had an overhaul to make it a less useless skill and increase template options in PvM:
  • You can now use target based peacemaking similar to UOR. If your skill check is successful on target based peace, the monster will give the emote "looks calm" and stop moving/attacking.
  • In line with T2A bard skills, peacemaking is not difficulty based, however the length of time the monster will be peaced for is based on your peace skill.
  • How long a monster is "peaced" for depends on your musicianship skill, and the strength of the monster.
  • At GM peacemaking, this usually means you can peace a monster for a maximum of 30 seconds.
  • Mini-boss monsters can be peaced for a maximum of 10 seconds at a time.
  • Town invasion boss monsters can not be peaced at all.
  • A peaced monster has a chance to break out of peace, based on it's maximum hit points vs it's current hit points. The lower the health of the monster, the more likely it is to try fight back.
  • If a peaced monster is struck by any kind of NPC (monster, animal, tamed creature), it will always fight back.
  • The delay on using peacemaking is 10 seconds for success, 5 seconds for failure.
(05-23-2017, 10:47 PM)Swunk Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 03:39 PM)Shawaine Wrote: Howdy, fellow server-mates!

Peacemaking has had an overhaul to make it a less useless skill and increase template options in PvM:

• You can now use target based peacemaking similar to UOR. If your skill check is successful on target based peace, the monster will give the emote "looks calm" and stop moving/attacking.
  • In line with T2A bard skills, peacemaking is not difficulty based, however the length of time the monster will be peaced for is based on your peace skill.
  • How long a monster is "peaced" for depends on your musicianship skill, and the strength of the monster.
  • At GM peacemaking, this usually means you can peace a monster for a maximum of 30 seconds.
  • Mini-boss monsters can be peaced for a maximum of 10 seconds at a time.
  • Town invasion boss monsters can not be peaced at all.
  • A peaced monster has a chance to break out of peace, based on it's maximum hit points vs it's current hit points. The lower the health of the monster, the more likely it is to try fight back.
  • If a peaced monster is struck by any kind of NPC (monster, animal, tamed creature), it will always fight back.
  • The delay on using peacemaking is 10 seconds for success, 5 seconds for failure.
Thanks for the detailed reply, it helped loads!