Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Era Accurate Stratics!
After finding multiple, conflicting information sources for this era of UO, a simple solution occured to me--The Wayback Machine!

The Wayback Machine is a website that stores "snapshots" of entire websites, then archives them for public use.

Using the Wayback Machine I was able to find a copy of the UO Stratics website as it existed in FEB. 1999!!

Just follow the link (you cannot link to internal pages--only the main page--because it is not the actual site but a single page stored at web.archive.org). It is a functional copy so all the links go to information that hasn't been altered with a million updates as the game changed over the years, like the actual uostratics.com site has, but information as it existed in Feb 1999.

This, in effect, makes the Wayback Machine copy of UOStratics the most accurate information resource for this server. The only thing it does not include are deviations that the management of THIS server choose to make different for whatever reason (anything "custom" about this particular server).

Without further ado, here is a link to the Feb 1999 version of UOStratics.com!

https://web.archive.org/web/199902101022...cs.com:80/

Enjoy!
Captain Firemane
(05-14-2018, 04:27 AM)Captain Firemane Wrote: After finding multiple, conflicting information sources for this era of UO, a simple solution occured to me--The Wayback Machine!

The Wayback Machine is a website that stores "snapshots" of entire websites, then archives them for public use.

Using the Wayback Machine I was able to find a copy of the UO Stratics website as it existed in FEB. 1999!!

Just follow the link (you cannot link to internal pages--only the main page--because it is not the actual site but a single page stored at web.archive.org). It is a functional copy so all the links go to information that hasn't been altered with a million updates as the game changed over the years, like the actual uostratics.com site has, but information as it existed in Feb 1999.

This, in effect, makes the Wayback Machine copy of UOStratics the most accurate information resource for this server. The only thing it does not include are deviations that the management of THIS server choose to make different for whatever reason (anything "custom" about this particular server).

Without further ado, here is a link to the Feb 1999 version of UOStratics.com!

https://web.archive.org/web/199902101022...cs.com:80/

Enjoy!
Captain Firemane

It's a great resource. Many of the scripts for skills, crafting and mechanics were written by reading an article on Stratics and writing code to replicate what was in place there.

For me it was always fun to read and see if there was anything "new" to find.
Wiz Kid likes this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]