Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a few random thoughts
1.  Stable refresh back to 14 days to match housing.  It was this way early on in server and I think this could help when players are taking a break and refreshing houses.  This came to mind as I am now going through the process of taming a new fleet of dragons after keeping houses and two boats refreshed for two years while minimally playing.  

2.  Event changes.  I would get rid of non free use DD type events.  I would like to see the return of the anything goes tournaments.  Some of us can only fight with loaded up dex monkeys.  

3.  Label treasure maps to the plainly, adeptly etc.  This would increase buying and selling of Tmaps when you know what you are buying.

4.  A free use dueling arena.  No idea if that is possible but it could lead to new players trying pvp more if they don't lose resources.  I only put this here because I saw someone in discord ask about it and thought it might not be a bad idea.  

5.  Last thought for the moment and again no idea on if it is doable.  I think there should be a PVP shard champion that is current.  So for example you have the first tournament to crown the champion.  Not sure if something like a title belt exists in the UO world that could be blessed and they could wear on their toon if not maybe a special hue sash.  Once champion is set then the following week the tournament winner would become number 1 contender.  The champion could be present and fight to defend title that night or following the week after.  Real life can get in way so give champion two weeks to defend prior to them vacating title.  So after a no 1 is established the next tourney would then be next in line and should champion get vacated then no1 and no2 would fight for title/sash.  Could even have it on website showing off undisputed Uoll champion Yakka(this would be only time and place it would ever say that name).  Not saying get rid of rankings but this or something similar at least acknowledges champion that is currently at least semi active.

Just throwin some stuff out there and please no need for any Trumpian responses thank you.
Veranis, Wiz Kid, Xandorf And 1 others like this post
I like it all! while I may not be as active as others, I really care about this shard and any idea that helps bring players here and gives incentives for current players to be more active is a good thing. As long as the shard stays absolutely strict to the pvp mechanics of T2A. And keeps the same general atmosphere, I'm all for it.
Veranis and Wiz Kid like this post
I would agree with everything here.

People's schedules are hard enough to match.
An area with free use to PVP that's always "open" would be a great way to mitigate the schedule problem when people are on but there are no events.

I know currently there is a trophy that the person with the best survival time has, and when that time is bested, the trophy moves on to the new title holder.
(01-23-2018, 11:21 PM)yakka Wrote: 1.  Stable refresh back to 14 days to match housing.  It was this way early on in server and I think this could help when players are taking a break and refreshing houses.  This came to mind as I am now going through the process of taming a new fleet of dragons after keeping houses and two boats refreshed for two years while minimally playing.  

2.  Event changes.  I would get rid of non free use DD type events.  I would like to see the return of the anything goes tournaments.  Some of us can only fight with loaded up dex monkeys.  

3.  Label treasure maps to the plainly, adeptly etc.  This would increase buying and selling of Tmaps when you know what you are buying.

4.  A free use dueling arena.  No idea if that is possible but it could lead to new players trying pvp more if they don't lose resources.  I only put this here because I saw someone in discord ask about it and thought it might not be a bad idea.  

5.  Last thought for the moment and again no idea on if it is doable.  I think there should be a PVP shard champion that is current.  So for example you have the first tournament to crown the champion.  Not sure if something like a title belt exists in the UO world that could be blessed and they could wear on their toon if not maybe a special hue sash.  Once champion is set then the following week the tournament winner would become number 1 contender.  The champion could be present and fight to defend title that night or following the week after.  Real life can get in way so give champion two weeks to defend prior to them vacating title.  So after a no 1 is established the next tourney would then be next in line and should champion get vacated then no1 and no2 would fight for title/sash.  Could even have it on website showing off undisputed Uoll champion Yakka(this would be only time and place it would ever say that name).  Not saying get rid of rankings but this or something similar at least acknowledges champion that is currently at least semi active.

Just throwin some stuff out there and please no need for any Trumpian responses thank you.

1. I'd consider this. Let me think about it! 

2. We are able to set the schedule & rulesets for the automated events in-game. I do believe we have already removed the non-free use ruleset games that don't allow any potions. I can get some free-use magics & non-free use magics in for tournaments. I will, however, say to your first point concerning DD that I don't plan on limiting the occasional DD & CTF events that allow non-free use, magic weapons & all potions. I find that the issue with the "free-use, pots & poisons" is that it allows players to stock one of each pot w/ out ever running out minus explosion potions. With these, some players have opted to carry a keg's worth. Sometimes an actual keg! I don't mind it entirely but I like the idea of players occasionally having to use their potions intelligently throughout a game. 

3. I don't see many map appraisal services here on UOLL haha. I'll talk this one over with staff. 

4. With this, I do believe there are duelers like Abyz that welcome new players to duel. I'm sure he & others like him wouldn't mind providing basic stock if needed. 

5. I do like the idea of a champion sash. I'd probably be more likely to have that as part of a server-wide tournament. I would also be fine rewarding it to whoever holds the #1 spot in our current ranking system much like the special pegasus trophy that we have for the #1 ranked player in Survival. The best way for someone to get a shot at it would be for them to start participating in the tournaments we currently run. It's not as easy to climb the ladder without beating the higher ranked fighters but I'm sure they wouldn't mind coming out on occasion. Good luck beating them though! Tongue 

I also don't mind increasing the frequency of tournaments on the schedule. If tournaments start getting more participation I'll keep it that way. 
[Image: wizkidsig.png]
Would love to see the T-Maps labeled. We're starting to amass a nice batch to tackle but literally have no clue which ones are what level and I know it's keeping me from starting in on them.