Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Razor settings not saving
I think this must be a noob problem on my part, but I find that many of the changes I make to my default profile settings do not save once I've exited and reloaded the program.

In some cases I figured out that itwas because I wastrying to overwrite the game's default macros. The most annoying offender, though, are things that I add to my agent lists (e.g. scrolls to sell or items to scavenge). Is there a maximum number of items that can be added? Is there a button or setting that I'm just missing?

Well first off I would like to let you know that you can only sell 5 items at a time, And I don't know of a maximum number of things you can add to the agents list.

The scav agent I would imagine you could add every item in the game if you so choose to.

That's what I figured, and I know about the 5 item limit. Razor hasn't had any trouble selling things off 5 at a time. I can just jam on the macro and it goes through the pile quickly enough. The problem is that I'm having troubling getting things to stick on the list of things to sell or scavenge.

In this specific case I've got most of the scrolls on the sell list except for like 4 spells. I keep trying to add the last 4 spells, but they fall off the list when I quit razor.

Yeah, I have the same problem with Razor "losing" lists from the buy/sell/scavenge agent. Seems like I'm always resetting it, which can be a big pain.

The problem is most likely that you have multiple clients open. Say you have 2 clients open, and you edit a list in Client1.

Now you restart Client1 without touching Client2, and the list is still there.

However, when you close Client1, followed by Client2, Client2 never had the list info. So it saves over the list Client1 saved with nothing.

This can be avoided by creating profiles for each character (or at least 1 per account), or setting the list while you only have a single client open. I have a big Razor guide I've been working on that covered this a little.. just haven't had time to finish it.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
Ah ha! Thank you, Jack. That must be it. I haven't paid any attention to the order in which I've been opening and closing clients. Also, I've just recently begun creating separate profiles. Excellent, thanks.

It's an annoying problem that I've never bothered to fix on my own PC to be honest, I am just aware what the problem is, but have no real need to fix it Tongue

An easy way to create new profiles for each character is to make a copy of the default.xml (default profile), and rename the copy. That way, you have a template for each new profile instead of starting from scratch.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
Sure enough. Just tested it, and that was the issue. Thank goodness.

And good tip! I was going to play around to see if I could copy/paste the default since I set up so many things with it already.

When you install some sort of software in your device like computer or mobile then the basic thing is settings that are always necessary. The discussion here is about the Razor setting that is questionable because paying someone to do your assignment is not saved or saved with the further proper settings.
Again, more bots lol

Kinda hard to bring in new people when the only place there is a community is discord.

[Image: 08942da1f31ef72e61336c04aae0559c.jpg]