Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tweak house trash barrels, maybe? [Fixed]
Could you tweak the house-placed trash barrel so that something too heavy for the barrel isn't insta-deleted, but instead rejected as too heavy, like other containers do? Tonight I was dragging around several chests in my house while sorting things, and accidentally dropped one in the barrel. Since it was over the weight limit for the barrel, it instantly deleted it, much to my dismay...since I really wanted to keep the items that were in it.

Thanks!

Oh yikes. There should be a delay on trash barrels deleting things, that would have avoided this.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
If they aren't full, there is a delay. I only found out that it will insta-delete when I accidentally dropped a chest full of treasure into it and it overloaded the barrel. No worries, it just made me kind of kick myself. Big Grin

I see what you mean. Yes, it shouldn't be possible to drop anything in when the barrel is already full.

I'm still not sure I understand exactly how it's working (I will take a look later), but the behaviour should be something like

- If the trash barrel can't fit the item due to item count, reject it.

- No weight limit on trash barrels.

- No such thing as bypassing the delete timer.

Yup, that would be great, thanks for taking a look at it!

Also, the barrel was empty when the chest went into it, so it must be deleting as soon as it reaches capacity. It did give a system message something along the lines of being "too full, emptying now". I don't recall the exact wording.

With the next patch, it will be impossible to empty the trash can before the 3 minute timer is up. The timer is reset every time a new item is dropped into the trash can.

As a workaround, if you really want to delete the items NOW, chopping the trash can will result in the items inside the trash can being deleted

Sweet. Thank you!