Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detect hidden never reveals trap [Fixed]
Just fyi in case you don't know, I think detect hidden isn not functioning correctly. I've had it maxed for several days now, and I've been picking chests that entire time, and never once has the DH revealed a trap.

Aye, this is on the list. I briefly looked at detect hidden and noticed there was nothing there for revealing traps. From what I'm aware, it should reveal traps using a non-difficulty based formula and after 50(?) skill, start to AOE reveal traps. It needs a bit of research.

A little bit about it from Stratics, nothing about formula though :/

http://web.archive.org/web/1999102223115...detect.htm

[Image: jack-sig.png]
From memory I can tell you that in Wrong at 70 skill I would reveal as many as 10 traps at a time in early UO:R. It could be that it was a flat 70% chance or there was a difficulty attatched to each trap but the outcome would mean little difference in practice. It might have been around 85 that I started having a very low chance of detecting passively for floor traps and I'm fairly sure at least by 90 I was seeing those passive messages.

Yes, it used to be when your skill was very high, that simply walking past a trap had a chance to reveal it to you.

In the next update you will be able to AOE detect trapped boxes, the box will be colour coded by its type.

Since we don't have dungeon traps at the moment, it is pointless to add in passive detection for these kind of traps - dungeon traps are on the list.

[Image: mhVEhD7.PNG]="height:201px; width:269px" />

[Image: jack-sig.png]
Yay! Thank you!