Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking to start playing!
Hey guys,

I've played a few free shards like UOSA over the past few years and was hoping to give this one a try. I recently started on a brand new free shard called UOSP, got a tower, and then accepted a job overseas (I'm American and living in China) and got too busy during the transition to play UO and my house fell Sad

So I'm looking for something new and as close to T2A as possible. What do people usually start with as far as an initial money making character goes? Should I go with a dexxer, provo mage, or tamer? Could I make it work with a lockpick? I've never made one in all my countless hours logged into UO and I'm starting think that it may be time Tongue

A few random questions:

Is there insta hit? Does it work with archery weapons?
Can you in mani through poison?
Does poisoning make in nox stronger?
What's the housing situation like? How much would a tower in a low spawn but otherwise unimportant area sell for?
How many players are typically online during peak hours?
What are the peak hours?
Does anyone decent PK or PVP on dexxers? Or do more than 90% use hally mages?
Are there a fair amount of players that don't like to PVP? And are just here for them PVM scene?
Can you have 5 characters per account? How many accounts can I have?

I still need to buy a mouse but as soon as I do I'll jump into this wonderful world. Thanks in advance for the help Smile

(03-09-2017, 02:55 AM)clowncheeks Wrote: Hey guys,

I've played a few free shards like UOSA over the past few years and was hoping to give this one a try. I recently started on a brand new free shard called UOSP, got a tower, and then accepted a job overseas (I'm American and living in China) and got too busy during the transition to play UO and my house fell Sad

So I'm looking for something new and as close to T2A as possible. What do people usually start with as far as an initial money making character goes? Should I go with a dexxer, provo mage, or tamer? Could I make it work with a lockpick? I've never made one in all my countless hours logged into UO and I'm starting think that it may be time Tongue

A few random questions:

Is there insta hit? Does it work with archery weapons?
Can you in mani through poison?
Does poisoning make in nox stronger?
What's the housing situation like? How much would a tower in a low spawn but otherwise unimportant area sell for?
How many players are typically online during peak hours?
What are the peak hours?
Does anyone decent PK or PVP on dexxers? Or do more than 90% use hally mages?
Are there a fair amount of players that don't like to PVP? And are just here for them PVM scene?
Can you have 5 characters per account? How many accounts can I have?

I still need to buy a mouse but as soon as I do I'll jump into this wonderful world. Thanks in advance for the help Smile
Oh yeah, and there's no Trammel here right? LOL.
Xandorf and Veranis like this post
Hi clowncheeks and welcome to UO Lost Lands. I will answer as many of the non-opinion based questions as I can:

Quote:Is there insta hit? Does it work with archery weapons?
Yes, UO Lost Lands has insta hit. It works on a cycle timer the same way it does on UOSA. A major difference is that archery has insta hit here, although the insta hit on UOLL for archery is a custom solution - allowing bows to be cycled would be far too powerful and cause it to be the only viable PvP template. Instead of being able to cycle a bow, your next swing time with a bow is based off the last time you swung the weapon.

Quote:Can you in mani through poison?
You can heal through poison with all methods except bandages.

Quote:Does poisoning make in nox stronger?
No, there is no bonus to applying poison in any form from having the poisoning skill. Likewise, a poisoned weapon has the same strength whether it is wielded by a character with poisoning or without.

Quote:What's the housing situation like? How much would a tower in a low spawn but otherwise unimportant area sell for?
I can't comment on this too much. It is very easy to place even the largest houses on UOLL. Last I checked there are around 300 houses on the shard.

Quote:How many players are typically online during peak hours?
We have around 50-60 clients online at the peak times. 

Quote:What are the peak hours?
You can view the online count history here: https://uolostlands.com/online-graphs The time on the graph is EST.

Quote:Does anyone decent PK or PVP on dexxers? Or do more than 90% use hally mages?
Dexers can certainly do well here. The top tournament player is a dexer and has succeeded in both potion and non potion settings.

Quote:Are there a fair amount of players that don't like to PVP? And are just here for them PVM scene?
I can't really comment on this as I no longer really follow the day to day PvP scene. PvP players come and go. Sometimes it is active, sometimes it is not.

Quote:Can you have 5 characters per account? How many accounts can I have?
3 accounts.

You can find an FAQ on our main site here that may answer other questions: https://uolostlands.com/faq
Oroechimaru, Succorhness, Xandorf And 1 others like this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Thanks so much, Jack! I really appreciate it (:
Plus the discord community rocks. I like it here so far. Best server I played on plus tons of shard events
Welcome to the shard! I don't get to play much but maybe I'll c ya in game sometime hehe. Best T2A server imo, and I have played most of them.
join discord... it helps a ton. lots of banter... pks you get to know... but its the most fun i had in years looking for that t2a experience... people are a little better these days due to macros but game is still fun
Veranis likes this post
clowncheeks welcome! if you come to play just send me a message on discord or here a time frame you will be on and I will hook you up so its a littel easier to get up and running.
(03-09-2017, 06:49 AM)Jack Wrote: Hi clowncheeks and welcome to UO Lost Lands. I will answer as many of the non-opinion based questions as I can:

Quote:Is there insta hit? Does it work with archery weapons?
Yes, UO Lost Lands has insta hit. It works on a cycle timer the same way it does on UOSA. A major difference is that archery has insta hit here, although the insta hit on UOLL for archery is a custom solution - allowing bows to be cycled would be far too powerful and cause it to be the only viable PvP template. Instead of being able to cycle a bow, your next swing time with a bow is based off the last time you swung the weapon.

Quote:Can you in mani through poison?
You can heal through poison with all methods except bandages.

Quote:Does poisoning make in nox stronger?
No, there is no bonus to applying poison in any form from having the poisoning skill. Likewise, a poisoned weapon has the same strength whether it is wielded by a character with poisoning or without.

Quote:What's the housing situation like? How much would a tower in a low spawn but otherwise unimportant area sell for?
I can't comment on this too much. It is very easy to place even the largest houses on UOLL. Last I checked there are around 300 houses on the shard.

Quote:How many players are typically online during peak hours?
We have around 50-60 clients online at the peak times. 

Quote:What are the peak hours?
You can view the online count history here: https://uolostlands.com/online-graphs The time on the graph is EST.

Quote:Does anyone decent PK or PVP on dexxers? Or do more than 90% use hally mages?
Dexers can certainly do well here. The top tournament player is a dexer and has succeeded in both potion and non potion settings.

Quote:Are there a fair amount of players that don't like to PVP? And are just here for them PVM scene?
I can't really comment on this as I no longer really follow the day to day PvP scene. PvP players come and go. Sometimes it is active, sometimes it is not.

Quote:Can you have 5 characters per account? How many accounts can I have?
3 accounts.

You can find an FAQ on our main site here that may answer other questions: https://uolostlands.com/faq

I didn't ask the question but your answer helped me! thank you for sharing your experience! I will use these pieces of advice in practice!
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."