Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's have the talk...
...the talk about rares.

Now, I'm not asking anyone to share their secret spots since I have a few of my own, but it would be nice to share confirmation that certain things exist on this server and can be acquired. So I am going to share a list of the things I've found so far. I'm also going to post a list of the things I'd like confirmation if anyone has actually picked them up yet.

Rares/semi-rares/uncommon items I have found:

1. Thin hay
  2. Thick hay
  3. Bridle
  4. Horseshoes
  5. Horse dung
  6. Small waterbucket with handle, can be used as a container
  7. Wire coils in copper, silver, gold, iron
  8. Forged metal
  9. Silver ingot
  10. Iron ingot(s), reversed
  11. Dirty pots and pans, various depictions
  12. Playing cards
  13. Rope coils
  14. Unstackable chisel sets, left and right facing
  15. Yarn ball with no tail
  16. Yarn ball with tail, but not player/vendor style
  17. Foodof various types that can't be purchased from vendors or made by player
  18. Twisted lockpicks
  19. Arrow shafts that aren't player or vendor style

The things I would like to know if others have found yet:

1. Fruit basket, full
  2. Basket or bushel, empty (can be used as container)
  3. Whip
  4. Shackles
  5. Cannonballs
  6. Anchor
  7. Rock/rocks
  8. Sandstone or marble table

Most of the things I've found so far wouldn't be considered particularly rare back in the day on an OSI shard, but since I don't know the rarity of the items here it would be nice if we could collaborate to at least confirm if we find one of them. Thanks, guys!

I've found gold ingots as well, but that's just another of the type you've found.

I'm not sure if the sandstone table is spawning, but I've seen a house trying to camp it. I don't know if that means they've found it or are just hopeful it'll show up.

Well, Jack has confirmed that rare items here don't necessarily have the same spawn sites as they did on OSI servers. I'm actually kind of happy about that, because it makes the hunt brand new and there's more of a sense of accomplishment when you find something.

I dug up an old spreadsheet I had from my OSI days, with nearly 200different coordinate listings and respawn timesof items that I'd found on those servers. I've gone through the entire set of coordinates checking for rare items and revising and updating that list to reflect what this server represents. I've only found about 15%of the items so far, so I know there have to be loads more out there waiting to be found, or that have already been found.

I've done a fairly comprehensive search of all buildings in all towns at this point, so either I've found a good deal of the town items, or someone else has picked them up already and I've just missed the respawn so far. I do need to get into the dungeons pretty soon, and I expect I'll pick up a few more items down there as well.

Hopefully, others doing the same thing here will be willing to confirm when they've found an item, even if they don't want to share where it was or the respawn rate. It's just nice to know!

Also, I will be putting my collection out on the patio of my house, which is below the sheep pens on the SW corner of Moonglow. I always like seeing what other people have found.

The only thing I'll chime in about rares, is that there are a few which haven't been found at all yet. There's one particular rare I placed that I'm pretty sure noone will ever find.

I have a list of item IDs to add to the rares file - which I'll get around to - so there will be more rare spawns to look forward to.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
Sweet!

I'll put the rares I've found up on my castle in Heart Field later tonight but I wont give you any hints. Seeing what is available is hint enough! I'm confident I'll have most of the rares I found all to myself though.

Layed them all out with no particular bias or logic. You may also notice aside from a rare museum I'm compiling a sandal library on my roof, organized by hue sequence.

Oh, a footwear fetishist. Nice! Wink

Also confirmed lootable on this server:

1. Hanging armor
  2. Blood
  3. Full jars
  4. Fruit Basket
  5. Whip
  6. Rock(s)
  7. Bloody Water (bowl)
  8. Wax Pot
  9. Beeswax