Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Town Invasion Rogue Participation
I think it would be really cool if there were a way for rogue characters to positively contribute during Town Invasions. Many of a rogues useful skills (stealing, snooping, lockpicking, hiding, stealth) are either not useful or barely useful during a town invasion and count as zero contribution toward the goal of retaking the city.

Some ideas I had (not really vetted, just brainstorming for the purpose of the discussion)

1) Stealing from TI creatures and the TI boss can remove "item of power" that weakens the creature/bos, increasing damage taken to them by X percent.

2) Spawned locked boxes can be unlocked by GM lockpickers containing TI-specific "purple potions" that damage only TI creatures and disappear after the event

3) Stealthing characters could double click TI Monsters within one tile to stun them briefly.

I'd be glad to hear other ideas, and also whether or not expanding the usefulness of rogues duringTIs is feasible or of interest from an administration perspective.
Veranis, Greta, Skrap And 1 others like this post
Can't thieves already steal the loot on monsters/bosses (gold, items and plat) during TI, besides from players?

Maybe ask staff if they can make rogue alone event, instead of adding up to the possibilities of a thief template during an TI. Every thief template with magery/eval/med already can do direct damage during TI already.
[Image: I34cGTd.png]
(07-13-2016, 12:29 PM)Pringles Wrote: Can't thieves already steal the loot on monsters/bosses (gold, items and plat)  during TI, besides from players?

Maybe ask staff if they can make rogue alone event, instead of adding up to the possibilities of a thief template during an TI. Every thief template with magery/eval/med already can do direct damage during TI already.

Any character with magery/eval/med can do some damage, sure -- but many thief templates don't have all those skills.  Yes, you can steal gold from monsters, I'm fairly certain you can't steal platinum.  It's not just about getting rewards, it's about being able to do something helpful and fun to earn the rewards.
Neat idea.
A. Weird chest drops to unlock
B. Scary traps to disable with lockpick
C. Stealth boss takeouts...
Stealth pvm only backstab bonus.

4d8 bonus (4 1-8 damage dice bonus) from first attack after stealth. If not 1d8 if behind monster's back (monster attacking another creaturie) would be neat too if player has 2x rogue skill(example hide stealth or stealth lockpcck) . Apply to weapons and archery only.