Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uo t2a era oddities I wonder if Garriot would have fixed...
a. cannot shoot while on horseback (mongolians, native americans could..) but you can cast magic spells, stab someone with a dagger or use a heater shield.

b. peacemaking can bring a warrior to peace but not break a pre-casted or casting progressing spell (interruption).

those would have been neat fixes back in the day. I may post more ideas along the way.

c. enticement/disco... would of been neat to see what his vision was... i find that alot of it was the fluff/fun of it like herding.

d. new players spent days, months , year+ playing the small game exploring sewers, rat camps etc. i'm hoping to check out a lost lands rare spawn someday! would be cool if some of the newb places had higher oddity spawns and lower frequency/density of overall low quality spawns. i was thinking today about goofy items that low-quality spawns had that we gave to our mentors (furs etc)... or that every pack was a new adventure/worth killing.
other thing... huge t2a/pret2a love for DND which goes back to the original ultima roots. I loved balance that was "d&d" ruleset based and not "everyone needs a hug from a carebear today". The changes were much more thoughful than diablo 3 type changes (no new content lets just change everything every few months)
I played Ultima 1- 2 on Commodore 64, I even played it's and all other rpg games requisite--- Bard's Tale

old gamer here Smile
I had ultima excodus on NES... took me like 2 years to realize there was another spell list.