Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions if not suggestions thread...
I am new to the server and may have additional questions...

a. do we have a wiki or have to use another site for rules? for example does mace have any bonuses to armor durability or stamina reduction?

b. can you gate cast monsters like the old days?

c. can you go grey (polymorph, heal a red friend that was being peaceful and was attacked...) and if you get attacked by a blue what happens if they die? does that count as murder even though it wasnt you who initiated the attack? I kind of remember the days where everyone was grey! wow. that may of been pre t2a

d. line of site for bard skills... anyway it could be relaxed 10-20% so odd angles in site are included? for example you can see on angle monsters by zoo gates in moonglow but often it will say they are out of site... a smidge.

e. any chance to replace dead/useless skills with something new/different but not off balancing? for instance discordance... herding.

f. i love the old weapons, how rare are the magic items? i am worried that the spawn drops would limit what skills i can use. do monsters only drop the same weapon? i killed 3 liches and each dropped the same weapon (which makes sense they have a staff) is that true for all monsters?

g. how does resist work... and parry? which rules?

h. any chance to increase the starting items... it was difficult but i got lucky .

i. do monsters get stronger or have cooler loot the longer they are alive and kill people? do they have skills like old uo?

Smile
a. ---not sure on wiki, tbh stratics prolly the best bet or maybe other t2a servers- but things will vary as this isn't a 100% t2a era accurate server, it has nice fluff to it but there are many t2a era things implemented.

b. -- unfortunately you cannot- pretty sure that was patched out of UO prior to t2a- talking like dread lord days even.

c. -- Healing/curing or even rezing a red- whom then kills even if they initiate combat first doesn't give the non-aggressor a murder count, if you're attacked first no matter what your color/their color you will not recieve a count,  anytime someone attacks you they become the gray/aggressor (unless of coarse they are red, either way it's the noto'wtfever' system)

d.-- there was a patch sometime ago that fixed the line of site bug, mainly has to do with.  Good rule of thumb is- if you can target it with a spell/taming then bard skill would work 

e. -- always worth posting in suggestions and seeing how it goes. Great custom stuff has been added over time. Lots of skills are used though minus discordance which btw I think isn't even listed on my client (using t2a client) herding is great for raising stats but yes it's fairly useless besides that. Enticement is used for moving tamed pets (that aren't yours)

f. --magic weapons aren't very rare- understand that most folks on this server are very seasoned vets, they use bards/tamers etc to really rake in the shines/items - each monster has so much of a % chance to drop a magic item (liches always drop a gnarled staff/wand- but that is in addition to the chance to dropping another- harder monsters have higher chance.  You'll notice you get magic clothing/jewelry from elder gazers more often then most monsters so they kinda have a pool of items I guess you could say.

g. --Resist is checked vs their magery or vice versa, If resisted the damage is cut in half.  Parry absorbs physical damage keep in mind even if you parry you still are able to take damage- it won't always absorb full damage.

h. --Your best bet is to make a bard and macro up that provo/peace/music and go hunt some dragons.  The starting items are more for .... nothing really =p other than newbie item instruments etc..

i. -- Ha that's a good one- actually they don't get stronger but they can and will loot players they have killed.  So it's not uncommon to find an npc with extra items on it if you see a fellow players corpse nearby- that is unless of coarse they looted their stuff back. They do have stats/skills their is a great monster guide on the site- you can look up just about every monster on the server.  Check it out! 

Lastly welcome to the server, don't get discouraged by being pk'd it'll happen, but most folks here are pretty cool about not harassing you here.  Again Enjoy your stay!
awesome response thank you. There is a former pet slime in moonglow zoo that has a custom name, I wonder how long he has been alive. I think my fav part so far is seeing the same spawns until they are killed rather than respawn all the time.

I had thought monsters got stronger but I believe that was just pets.... they do loot which is good to know except when its meSmile
nice job with the response.

also i wrote this before finding the wiki. most of the wiki is complete but there are several broken/incomplete sections.
The wiki was a work in progress by myself, but at some point I decided it was not worth the time investment and it would be better to spend time coding the shard. I don't believe there any any entries other than my own in the wiki, anyone is free to add to it. I actually took the wiki off the site for a while, but brought it back by request after some players offered to help fill it with content. As of yet that hasn't happened, so I'm in 2 minds of whether or not to take it back down. It is all but abandoned.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
I love it. I would add to it but do bot know the servers rulesets at the code level. I do sql coding primarily but if u need a hand let me know. I just dont want to add imnacurate content. Server rocks thx