Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UO Demo Herding Skill Behaviour
You use a shepherd's crook that is equipped, in your backpack, or even one on the ground.

"Target the animal you wish to herd."

You target an animal.

You fail and it says, "You don't seem to be able to persuade that to move." and that's it. No more targeting.

If you succeed it will say, "Click whom you wish the animal to follow, or where you wish it to go." and you keep the targeting cursor.

Stuff I Targeted on Successes

The animal itself and it read, "You don't seem to be able to persuade that to move."

My character. When I did this I'd get two things, "The animal begins to follow you." as a system message off to the left and I would also get "That being can not be tamed." overhead, which was cool.

I targeted the animal, succeeded, then targeted another animal to try and get it to follow it around but it would never work. I would always get "You don't seem to be able to persuade that to move." on the 2nd animal targeted.

Weird Stuff I Tried

I ran away from the animal with the "success targeting cursor" held and I targeted the ground near me to see if the animal would eventually come to that spot from several screens away. It never came.

I targeted it from as far away as possible (1 tile away from bar greying out) and it worked. It was far.

I tried herding it on to a non-static object that I just placed on the ground. The result was nothing but a lost "success targeting cursor".

I tried herding it on to static objects that you can not pass through like rocks, brambles and trees. I would get the "The animal walks where it was instructed to." message but the animal didn't even try to go there. It was cool though.

Basically if I targeted something silly that it could pass through like a water barrel or a log in the woods there was no result, but when I targeted something it could not pass through, there was a result but it just didn't walk to the location.
Chromus and ranger like this post