Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The case of the disappearing dragon
I was hunting and I gated back to town, when I went through one of my dragons wasn't there, the lifebar went grey as soon as I went through the gate. I told them to stay and went back through thinking maybe it just didn't follow, and it wasn't on either side of the gate. No body that would hint to me that it died, nothing just gone.

*scratches head*

P.S. There were events going on at the time, Slay the King if I believe, dunno if that has anything to do with it.
It might have been the Grinch event for Christmas?
Might have been that it took you a little time to get through the gate to get your pet that didn't go through gate.
If that's the case that pet probably was still out there somewhere out of screen running to go to your location you gated too!
[Image: I34cGTd.png]
(12-27-2016, 09:12 AM)Pringles Wrote: Might have been that it took you a little time to get through the gate to get your pet that didn't go through gate.
If that's the case that pet probably was still out there somewhere out of screen running to go to your location you gated too!

Omg they do that? I had no idea, it wasn't only a couple of seconds though just enough to hit my all stay and go back through. I was in the Hythloth balron room though so it shouldn't have been able to. But that makes so much more sense than anything else I can think of. I figured it was something wrong on my end, I just didn't know what lol.
It is not info on this issue but.... the real uo server code had a bug at a time there pets and players ended up at cordinate 0,0 after gating and OSI hot fix was to build a wooden platform with a red gate that let you get back to outside britain cementary. It was possible to see it from a boat but you could not jump up on the wood structure. Smile

(I ended up on the platform with grey color around me, it was a untamed dragon waiting on the platform for me)

- Grim