Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colored ingots but not colored armor
In website it's said that armor can be in 9 different hues. But everytime I make armor using colored ingots, I get usual iron armor (not colored). Used Shadow Iron and Dull Copper ingots to make chainmail and platemail armor, but non-colored armor is being produced. Tried smelting and got iron ingots instead of colored ingots.

Mining 100%, Blacksmithy 75.9%. Tried both crafting menus (T2A and other), but result is the same.

Is that a bug or some kind of feature?
Maybe it's Christmas magic
(12-30-2016, 03:17 PM)Chromus Wrote: In website it's said that armor can be in 9 different hues. But everytime I make armor using colored ingots, I get usual iron armor (not colored). Used Shadow Iron and Dull Copper ingots to make chainmail and platemail armor, but non-colored armor is being produced. Tried smelting and got iron ingots instead of colored ingots.

Mining 100%, Blacksmithy 75.9%. Tried both crafting menus (T2A and other), but result is the same.

If you have different types of ingots in your backpack, then you have to set your crafting menu to the ingot type you want to use. Did you do that?
[Image: I34cGTd.png]
(01-01-2017, 09:20 PM)Pringles Wrote:
(12-30-2016, 03:17 PM)Chromus Wrote: In website it's said that armor can be in 9 different hues. But everytime I make armor using colored ingots, I get usual iron armor (not colored). Used Shadow Iron and Dull Copper ingots to make chainmail and platemail armor, but non-colored armor is being produced. Tried smelting and got iron ingots instead of colored ingots.

If you have different types of ingots in your backpack, then you have to set your crafting menu to the ingot type you want to use. Did you do that?

Yes, I did that in both crafting menus. To avoid wrong ingot selection I also tried to put other ingots in bank box and took only required ingots in backpack. So, when I used shadow iron ingots to make armor there were only shadow iron ingots in backpack and they were selected in crafting menu.

After first report I tried it again and got non-colored armor as before. But smelting gave back the right ingots, so not sure which items returned iron ingots before (probably heater shields). Looks like all armor is non-colored, but returning of iron ingots during smelting is something I'm not so sure anymore. But I'm new player here and got not too much money and resources so don't want to spend all the colored ore to find out what exactly took my colored ingots and gave back iron ingots Smile
(06-02-2016, 08:11 AM)Jack of Shadows Wrote: http://www.uoguide.com/Client_Patch_1.25.15

Fixed an exploit whereby you could remove items from locked containers if the container was already open on your screen.

It reasons to stand that means adding to them as well.

(01-02-2017, 04:40 PM)Chromus Wrote:
(01-01-2017, 09:20 PM)Pringles Wrote:

Yes, I did that in both crafting menus. To avoid wrong ingot selection I also tried to put other ingots in bank box and took only required ingots in backpack. So, when I used shadow iron ingots to make armor there were only shadow iron ingots in backpack and they were selected in crafting menu.

After first report I tried it again and got non-colored armor as before. But smelting gave back the right ingots, so not sure which items returned iron ingots before (probably heater shields). Looks like all armor is non-colored, but returning of iron ingots during smelting is something I'm not so sure anymore. But I'm new player here and got not too much money and resources so don't want to spend all the colored ore to find out what exactly took my colored ingots and gave back iron ingots Smile

That sounds really odd, I've never heard of such a bug before and there have been no changes to crafting for over a year now. By any chance could you message a staff member on discord while you're online to observe you crafting?
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Confirmed there's some kind of bug here. Will look into it. Thanks for reporting!
OK I found the issue, please try this:
- Open the UOR blacksmithing menu
- Press the button to select ingot type
- Toggle the button which should currently say "Use Material Color"

This option should not be available on UOLL, this was an oversight.
Veranis and Xandorf like this post
(01-05-2017, 04:58 AM)Jack Wrote: OK I found the issue, please try this:
- Open the UOR blacksmithing menu
- Press the button to select ingot type
- Toggle the button which should currently say "Use Material Color"

This option should not be available on UOLL, this was an oversight.

It works, thank you! 

Toggled on and off "Use Material Color" button and made both - colored and non-colored armor items. Also T2A crafting menu produces colored armor.
Veranis likes this post