Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to use a locked down key ring
My understanding is that you should be able to use a key on a ring even though the ring has been locked down. As a house owner, I'm receiving the message that I'm unable to access it once I've locked it down. Is that intentional?

This isn't necessarily a bug nor is it intentional. It's the way RunUO works by default. The problem is split into a few parts.

The first part is - were keys usable when they were on the floor? A good way to test this might be in the demo, and if/when I can test this in the demo, I will. Keys locked down on porches definitely weren't a thing in T2A - the next 2 points might be the reason though.

The second part: locked down items should probably be usable by anyone. From what I've read on the subject, there shouldn't be any special flags on any locked down items that stop them being used. The same reason people could re-dye black dye tubs, eat food off the floor, or open your locked down containers.

The third part (unrelated to your post, but I feel it is applicable) is that items should not be able to be locked down around doorways. This includes the steps/doorways - you shouldn't be able to lock stuff down on them at all.

[Image: jack-sig.png]
You certainly could use any item that was locked down well into UO:R. I used to steal locked down big ore by double clicking it and combining it with my small ore type pile.

My confusion is coming from reading I've been doing on other T2A servers. People were locking down elevated key rings next to, but not over, doorways. It could be that the particular server I reading about wasn't entirely era accurate, but I don't know.

As of now we can definitely lock stuff down on the porch to either side of the doorway. I've even placed an addon on the porch.

If anyone can use any locked down item, then the point will pretty much be moot.

Yeah, stuff can be locked down on front steps. I decorated my steps with the Halloween pumpkins and some skulls from shipwrecks.