Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NPC conversation?
Rainbow 
Hey guys,

Very new player here, very new to UO and everything to goes with.

How does one get into a conversation with a NPC in this game? I double click on people and nothing happens. Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks.
Ther was no click menus in the T2A version of Ultima Online. You have to say "keywords" to the npcs and they will respond.

bank - will open your bankbox at the bank if you are near a bank npc.
guards - if someone steal from you or attack you in town, call the guards and have them whacked if they get caught
recsu recdu - makes you travel between Moonglow and lost land portal.
vendor buy - open a buy menu at any npc town vendors
vendor sell - open a sell menu at any npc town vendors

There is more but this is the basic ones in my mind. I think we can "apprised deeds" or something like that to the architect but I drop them on the npc in normal situations.

- Grim
"Npc name" teach - the npc will show you skills they can teach you for a small fee
Or jump in here you'll find more players to answer any questions. https://discordapp.com/channels/14165581...9157504000
[Image: Environment__POST_APOCALYPSE_by_I_NetGraFX-1.jpg]
Thanks guys,

So how would I get a quest from a NPC?
Panther, we do not have any quests in game - they were not part of T2A era, which we try and stick to. We have, however implemented many elements that do not change the core feel to T2A era, such as single click a pile of cloth to make a bunch of bandies. If we were strict T2A era, you would have to clock a pile of 1000 cloth (1000 times) to produce 1000 bandies. Here one use of scissors yields the 1000 bandies. With that said, perhaps we will visit quests. I think it does add good content without changing core T2A mechanics. We have the BOD system here, which was not in era but does not change the feel of T2A we have here.
Also... Name train skill. Example.. patchface train healing