Patch 52 - 11/13/16 - Accurate mining, house locks
  • Houses now have individual keys for all door sets. All non-interior doors will default to being locked when a house is made private (include interior castle doors).
  • Mining now uses an era accurate method to determine the amount of resources available in a bank. Overall, this is a large nerf to the availability of ore. Before, any particular mining spot (8x8) was randomly determined to hold between 10-34 ore. Ore availability is now calculated by the amount of mineable tiles in the 8x8 grid. An 8x8 grid which has 64 available ore tiles, will hold a total of 64 "small ore" pieces, which is 16 large ore.
  • Issues with the Discord bot blocking processing have been fixed, and problems with timeouts should be eliminated.
  • Players with apostrophes in their names will no longer cause poker exports to error.
  • Mana regeneration rates have changed. See: https://uolostlands.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1197
  • Items with 0 charges will now still display their amount of available charges. https://uolostlands.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1062
  • Selecting an invalid target with your first provocation target will no longer trigger a 10 second cooldown.
Veranis, Swunk, Skynyrd And 3 others like this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Masks do not seem to be fixed in the way Pixelclicker had mentioned it. Before if the mask was not GF & you ID'd lets say a bear mask, that for the sake of this point is out of charges, it would display as "a bear mask". If you had not ID'd the mask it would be "a magic bear mask". With a GF mask once it runs out of charges it will just say "a bear mask" to all regardless of ID status. This is what a mask looks like ID'd and not ID'd once out of charges after Patch 52:

[Image: maskissue.jpg]

It seems to me that most players want to have a plain mask when making CBD &/or tub investments (some don't care Tongue). Personally I think it should just go to a plain mask to all after the magic charges have been depleted. That or have plain masks spawn in low level dungeon containers again Big Grin
[Image: wizkidsig.png]
These are implemented the way the demo has them, the change was for consistency between the IDed and non-IDed state.
I see. Since you posted a link to Pixel's suggestion I thought the intention was to do it the way he had stated. Will there be a way for players to obtain masks other than the orc mask that are plain vs displaying like the screen shots above? Or will it be limited to the quantity of GF masks that some of the vets have?

Ah, nevermind. There is no such thing as a GF mask now. Wish I would have chosen better attributes. Night eyes is so wimpy  Tongue

[Image: messedupmasks.jpg]
With regards to the mask, I was reporting something different than the change reflected in this patch.

The issue from that link was that if you expend all the charges on a tribal mask (or other item) it still displays as "a magic tribal mask" to anyone who hasn't ID'd the item, and "a mask" once it is ID'd.  The issue wasn't that it didn't display the # of charges, rather that it ceases to become a "magic item" once the charges are gone, but that was ONLY reflected to those who id'd it. 

Since the magical properties of the mask/item are gone once the charges are gone, I was advocating that it should read "a tribal mask" for everyone, regardless of whether it's been ID'd to that person, particularly since masks can be later blessed and hued. 

If we look at another T2A era shard, the "tribal mask of night eyes [0 charges]" (currently what gets displayed) is what is displayed to someone to whom the mask is ID'd when the mask FIRST goes from 1 charge to 0 charges.  However, if you cycle the item again (i.e., take it off and put it back on again), it simply becomes "a mask" to EVERYONE whether or not they id'd it. 

In other words, once someone has completely cleared an item out of charges it should just become "a shirt" or "a mask."  I think that functionality should be reflected here as well. 
I understand the issue that you have with the change and the difference between the original suggestion and the implementation. That is just not how I chose to implement it, instead taking what was accurate to the demo. I've always thought small nuances like these add a certain charm to the shard. If you really take offense to this change, I don't mind wiping the magical properties from your particular mask.
After double checking the demo, my memory of this is actually incorrect. The item simply says "a necklace of night eyes" and does not specify charges, once it reaches 0. Items actually display in a different format too, such as "a necklace of night eyes: 1". Possibly this was changed in a later patch. I can't remember where the original information this change was based upon was.

Quote:Will there be a way for players to obtain masks other than the orc mask that are plain vs displaying like the screen shots above?
Yes, I'll add these back in.
Pringles and Wiz Kid like this post
I'm a little bummed on the masks that I went out of my way to make sure were GF + the masks I blessed before the ID change looking a little goofy now. I'm sure most people that have old blessed masks would prefer them to be as they were labeled before.

Though I suppose most of my masks look a little goofy before someone gets the chance to click on them Tongue
I think the real issue is that we're not finding any plain masks in chests. Should they really always be magical? Has any one seen any plain masks in the lower level chests or in an SOS?

Since I brought that up. I might as well bring up the fact that the charges on magical items, most notably those of the protection, bless, +stat and night eyes variety, as well as the extra crappy stuff like feeblemind, evil, etc.. will only ever really have super high charges like +90 or really low charges like between 1-20. At least that has been my experience. It seems like how big fish were at one time. It was like you only ever really fished up super heavy fish or super light fish. Weapons with charges seem OK though. Good variety on those, as well as invis and reflect stuff.

ID charges seem pretty excessive as well. On those it feels like I more often find very high charge wands and I rarely find lower charge wands. Finding an ID wand with more than 150 charges just seems crazy common in comparison to one with less than 50 charges.
Might try orcs since the masks belong to them Smile