Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Healing
Isn't it supposed to be difficulty based or something? It just seems like it is incredibly easy to gain 0-100 by doing nothing but cross-healing another character every 4 seconds. And shouldn't it take 5 seconds to bandage some one?
It is difficulty based. Try healing to full with 50 skill and 80% of health gone, heh heh. At 99.9 you still have a chance to fail, even if it is very unlikely. As long as you can fail, you have the opportunity to gain skill, even if it is very unlikely. When you are healing 900 times an hour those rare occurrences add up quickly for an 8 hour stretch (7200 chances). It does seem easy at a macro level but your healer is working his fingers to the bone that whole time and deserves a little experience for his hard work.

I'm about 20% certain it was 6 seconds for blues on Atlantic. The guild did a fair amount of cross healing, so I had a timer on it. That isn't very certain at all though. 20 years was a long time ago, and I'm way too lazy to parse patch notes, heh heh.
Swunk likes this post
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage
I'm not sure why the base heal timer is set to 4 seconds, since Stratics lists it as 5. It was most likely a mistake on my account back when I set the timers.

Healing should probably be difficulty based, it is not here. If it is supposed to be, then the actual formula of difficulty is unknown. My personal recollection is that it was difficulty based. If the demo does not have any information on this, I'd have to guess.
Swunk likes this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]
(10-11-2016, 09:23 PM)Varak Wrote: I'm about 20% certain

This cracked me up
Swunk likes this post
Veranis: Who's brokering the deed fight @Brutal ?
Elk: How much are you betting and what are the rules
Brutal: patio deed
Brutal: Blitz can broker, i dont trust elk
Elk: it's time for me to cash in all my non-scamming years
Elk: And steal a patio deed
(10-11-2016, 09:23 PM)Varak Wrote: It is difficulty based. Try healing to full with 50 skill and 80% of health gone, heh heh. At 99.9 you still have a chance to fail, even if it is very unlikely. As long as you can fail, you have the opportunity to gain skill, even if it is very unlikely. When you are healing 900 times an hour those rare occurrences add up quickly for an 8 hour stretch (7200 chances). It does seem easy at a macro level but your healer is working his fingers to the bone that whole time and deserves a little experience for his hard work.

I'm about 20% certain it was 6 seconds for blues on Atlantic. The guild did a fair amount of cross healing, so I had a timer on it. That isn't very certain at all though. 20 years was a long time ago, and I'm way too lazy to parse patch notes, heh heh.

Only thing I recollect is that GM healing self was 11secs and healing others was 5secs...

Way to GM is to use a ghost that will not accept the ress after erm 70 real skill?
Music is in our Souls, Use it wisely.