Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing skill cool-down after Provoking an invalid target
Hi staff,

I was wondering if it would be within the realm of possibility to remove the 5 second skill cool-down for Provocation in the event that an invalid target is selected. This is a follow-up from the thread I posted a few months back, here: https://uolostlands.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=951

Swunk and I were talking today, and we both experience the same problem: often it seems that the bars are, from the targeting reticle's POV, beneath the game window, despite being visibly on top of it. So you have to single click them ahead of time to pop them up above the game window, to be available to be targeted. This only happens about 1/10 to 1/20 of the time, but it can happen at key moments and get you killed. I'm still not sure what causes this.

In this way, it would function the way Hiding functions when you attempt to hide in an invalid place (too close to attacking mobs or players): you fail, but you are able to try again immediately. I believe that provo should function similarly: you didn't really mean to provoke that rock onto that balron, here have another shot.

Another thing that would be great, but understandable if not possible, is if when you use the Provocation skill, but cancel the target before provoking anything, that it would take the 5 second "failed attempt" cool-down, instead of the current 10 second "successful attempt" cool-down.

Thanks for reading!
Swunk likes this post
Veranis: Who's brokering the deed fight @Brutal ?
Elk: How much are you betting and what are the rules
Brutal: patio deed
Brutal: Blitz can broker, i dont trust elk
Elk: it's time for me to cash in all my non-scamming years
Elk: And steal a patio deed
(10-04-2016, 08:41 PM)Veranis Wrote: Hi staff,

I was wondering if it would be within the realm of possibility to remove the 5 second skill cool-down for Provocation in the event that an invalid target is selected. This is a follow-up from the thread I posted a few months back, here: https://uolostlands.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=951

Swunk and I were talking today, and we both experience the same problem: often it seems that the bars are, from the targeting reticle's POV, beneath the game window, despite being visibly on top of it. So you have to single click them ahead of time to pop them up above the game window, to be available to be targeted. This only happens about 1/10 to 1/20 of the time, but it can happen at key moments and get you killed. I'm still not sure what causes this.

In this way, it would function the way Hiding functions when you attempt to hide in an invalid place (too close to attacking mobs or players): you fail, but you are able to try again immediately. I believe that provo should function similarly: you didn't really mean to provoke that rock onto that balron, here have another shot.

Another thing that would be great, but understandable if not possible, is if when you use the Provocation skill, but cancel the target before provoking anything, that it would take the 5 second "failed attempt" cool-down, instead of the current 10 second "successful attempt" cool-down.

Thanks for reading!

Why not just have it so all of the Barding skills have a 5 second wait on a failed (including, "You can't incite that!" failures) attempt?
Of course, but I've never used Enticement or Peacemaking, so I can only speak about Provocation here. Also, the "You can't incite that" does have a 5 second cool-down already. Here I'm asking if that can be considered an error, not a failure, so that you can re-attempt immediately.
There's something particularly special about provoking on UOLL, which is "fast provoke" and is an entirely era accurate mechanic. The trade off for this was that the 5 second cooldown on failures were removed. That being said I really don't mind reducing the cooldown to zero on "invalid targets".
Chewbacca, Veranis, Swunk like this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]
That would be so awesome if that was a possibility. Thanks for following up!
Swunk likes this post
Very cool.
This will be live with the next patch. Invalid targets on the "first target" will have a total delay on 1 second. Invalid targets on the second target will incur the normal 5 second penalty for failure.

I was mistaken, I never took out the 5 second penalty.
Swunk likes this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]