Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduce world save frequency to once per 60min instead of 15 min
Hi Staff,

With the recent huge increase in save times, I believe it would be much more player-friendly to decrease the frequency of the saves. It's become a bit of an annoyance, and if we could cut that to once every hour, it would be much more manageable than the current once every 15 minutes.

I'm not sure why the save time has increased by so much over the past month or two, but it's become noticeable compared to the negligible 0.3-0.7 seconds it was before June or so.

Sometimes, the world save takes minutes. Several times I have witnessed 2-4 minute world saves, and one time (last night) I witnessed a more than 5 minute world save. I think this is a big problem that I think should be addressed, as new players might be immediately deterred if they witness this and think it is a common thing that happens here. Are staff aware of it or have any idea why it has happened?

Thanks.
Veranis: Who's brokering the deed fight @Brutal ?
Elk: How much are you betting and what are the rules
Brutal: patio deed
Brutal: Blitz can broker, i dont trust elk
Elk: it's time for me to cash in all my non-scamming years
Elk: And steal a patio deed
I'm guessing this is an issue with our hosting as there is no reason the world saves should go above 1s. I have witnessed it happen randomly as far back as the first week of the server, but it has never happened when running the server on my own home PC. With the next patch I'll give the server a full reboot, hopefully it will clear up issues with save times.
Skrap and Veranis like this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Thanks for the reply Jack!
Skrap likes this post
Veranis: Who's brokering the deed fight @Brutal ?
Elk: How much are you betting and what are the rules
Brutal: patio deed
Brutal: Blitz can broker, i dont trust elk
Elk: it's time for me to cash in all my non-scamming years
Elk: And steal a patio deed