Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You must wait to perform another action
I am seeing this so much, sometimes it makes sense and other times it doesn't. Sometimes I don't even see the message for things like drinking potions when holding a 2 hander. It takes the 2 hander off doesn't drink anything and then puts the 2 hander back on. Opening new corpses within 2 tiles can really mess with cross healing when killing a lot of monsters. I've just never seen it so harsh on any other free shards. Is it intended? Is it this specific client? I have 2 friends who downloaded the same client and they have the same issue so for a while I just thought it was intended. However, I am seeing others holding bows and halberds drinking as quickly as you would by just pressing the hotkey to drink and not having to disarm before doing it.
(08-14-2016, 06:57 AM)D_SeL Wrote: I am seeing this so much, sometimes it makes sense and other times it doesn't. Sometimes I don't even see the message for things like drinking potions when holding a 2 hander. It takes the 2 hander off doesn't drink anything and then puts the 2 hander back on. Opening new corpses within 2 tiles can really mess with cross healing when killing a lot of monsters. I've just never seen it so harsh on any other free shards. Is it intended? Is it this specific client? I have 2 friends who downloaded the same client and they have the same issue so for a while I just thought it was intended. However, I am seeing others holding bows and halberds drinking as quickly as you would by just pressing the hotkey to drink and not having to disarm before doing it.

Set your object delay in Razor to 750ms
Using any object (by double click or by Razor) in the game causes there to be a delay of 750ms until you can use another object. Lifting something also causes this object delay to trigger (eg: equipping a weapon). As Pixel said, setting an object delay of 750ms in Razor will "queue" your actions so you should rarely see this message unless you lag.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
(08-14-2016, 06:57 AM)D_SeL Wrote: I am seeing this so much, sometimes it makes sense and other times it doesn't. Sometimes I don't even see the message for things like drinking potions when holding a 2 hander. It takes the 2 hander off doesn't drink anything and then puts the 2 hander back on. Opening new corpses within 2 tiles can really mess with cross healing when killing a lot of monsters. I've just never seen it so harsh on any other free shards. Is it intended? Is it this specific client? I have 2 friends who downloaded the same client and they have the same issue so for a while I just thought it was intended. However, I am seeing others holding bows and halberds drinking as quickly as you would by just pressing the hotkey to drink and not having to disarm before doing it.

You have to go through the Razor settings and tweak the settings to your preference. You should turn off "Auto open new corpses" if you don't want corpses popping up. It's nothing to do with the server forcing anything, it's all razor doing this.

If you don't understand what a lot of the settings in razor are doing, you will likely want to have them turned off. For instance you mentioned that it unequips a two-hander to drink a potion then re-equips. Well if you aren't familiar with how the Object Delay works in razor, you should just set Object Delay to 0 and do things manually, like manually unequip your weapon (via a "Toggle" hotkey in the Arm/Disarm tab of razor), drink the potion, then manually reequip (via same hotkey). Razor queues up actions and automatically calculates how long to wait between each action before sending that request to the server. To calculate this, it uses the Object Delay. With 750, it will probably still say "You must wait to perform another action" pretty often unless you ping really low. I ping 85, and at 750, it still makes about 1 out of 10 actions say "You must wait to perform another action". People generally say set it to "750+ping" but instead of 835 (750 + my 85 ping) I use 900 just so it never happens (I tried 850 for a while, but it still happened 1 out of 30 times or so, so I put it higher).

There are some good razor explanation guides online. Google around a bit and you will be able to understand what various features do.
Veranis: Who's brokering the deed fight @Brutal ?
Elk: How much are you betting and what are the rules
Brutal: patio deed
Brutal: Blitz can broker, i dont trust elk
Elk: it's time for me to cash in all my non-scamming years
Elk: And steal a patio deed
Thanks, I've adjusted it for my average ping and now having no issues.
Veranis likes this post