Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Explosion Potions
Lol.
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]
(08-12-2016, 11:26 PM)D_SeL Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 03:21 PM)The Gods Wrote:
(08-08-2016, 08:34 AM)D_SeL Wrote: Just get rid of them, period.

I had tried to make some more detailed suggestions but honestly, none of them will work. The only reason I carried explosion pots on OSI was to reveal hidden. That's all any of us really used them for, at least I never saw them used to the extent that they are used today. They've ruined one of my favorite games that I grew up with. I am certain it did the same to some of you at some point before you adapted. Every server I have played it's the same and I just can't understand why no one is speaking up against this form of pvp besides me.

agreed(with back in the day)...imo spamming purple pots so u can win a fight is a noob tactic...kinda like dp but worse...back on catskills(i started playing the week uo came out, sept 24th of 97 till 5-7 months after blackthorns revenge cuz game was too changed and wasnt the game i loved anymore)  they were rarely used except when pks would show up at the bone knight wall(especially when power hour was introduced which i think was uo:r era) and theyd purple pot the whole crowd/wall to begin their assault...other than that i dont remember of any one using them in pvp or field fights where it was a life or death fight between u or a pk/vice versa...sucks when u are whooping sum1 and cuz of this they start to spam pp's to either win the fight or make u run off to heal so they could recall or make u recall cuz u dont wanna die to pp's...and yes back then other times it was only used was to get sum1 hiding(or the old trick of saying Wis Quas and them running out of hiding...lol)....funny tho when it backfires and they get killed because they suck at throwing them and kill themselves or u finish em off  Blush
Well, I was just going to practice the spam and spam them on anyone and everyone. After seeing that some people do agree with me, I promise to only use them if I see someone trying to use them against me.
heh...well it is a part of the game so i doubt theyd be taken away and tbh as much as i hate it when i lose to a pp spamming dexxer, id not want them to be taken away cuz thats taking part of the game itself away...but i do wish it was like back on osi early early when ppl rarely ever used em even to get u outta hiding...ususally theyd try typing wis quas first and if it didnt fool u into coming out then they would...i still never did...id wait on em or hide myself and theyd make a run for it since im hidden also hehe  Big Grin
New on the server and would like some help? You are welcome to join our new players guild NEW. You can reach us in Discord
Elders of NEW are: The Gods, Ornithology, Groucho, Van, Kj(Temporary Co-GM), Catweazle(Temporary Co-GM), Pringles, and Black

Purple pots were used pretty regularly on Atlantic in era. One of my favorite memories was running into an alchemist/thief in a dungeon. Once my reg box blew it touched off a brawl. He stole my mandrake so I couldn’t get out of there. He stole a Gheal pot to get back some of the health I had taken as I tried to chase him down. He eventually got my ash and started purple potting me, heh heh. He was mixing the whole time. It was a very fun and unique battle I still remember 20 years later. Purple Pots played a large role, and I gained a lot of respect for the alchemist profession. I always carried a good stock full strength purple pots from that day forward. Lesson learned...
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage
Try killing a seasoned player without using purple pots. Its surprisingly difficult. The added DPS is needed in order to secure kills in the field.
(08-17-2016, 02:39 PM)Bobby Boulders Wrote: Try killing a seasoned player without using purple pots. Its surprisingly difficult. The added DPS is needed in order to secure kills in the field.

I hear this argument far too often. Killing people isn't supposed to be easy. We are all vets at this point, very rarely do new people play free shards.
I’m not trying to be difficult, but if we are all vets, then what exactly is the concern? We all have the same tools, mechanics, and skills available to us. We aren’t “locked” into skill trees like other games. We all have access to every skill. We all have the ability to gather magic weapons. We can all use Exp pots. We all get 700 points to use as we see fit.

If you concede everybody is vet, then you are simply whining because you don’t like a specific mechanic. Probably because you die due to the mechanic far more often than you get kills by it. That’s not a good reason to change the rule. It’s a good reason to put the time in just like everybody else does. It’s your responsibility to even the playing field in this particular instance. It’s not a flaw in the game or the mechanic that needs changed.

If everyone can throw a PP then no one has a distinct advantage outside of experience. If everyone has a good base of experience (a vet), then the only reasonable argument has just been eliminated. You could make some weak argument and put some stats together on how it would benefit dexxers versus mages I suppose, but again you aren't locked into a particular build. you can reconfigure your characters at any time. People would just tell you to work on your build if you want more kills.
Veranis likes this post
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage
(08-17-2016, 03:06 PM)D_SeL Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 02:39 PM)Bobby Boulders Wrote: Try killing a seasoned player without using purple pots. Its surprisingly difficult. The added DPS is needed in order to secure kills in the field.

I hear this argument far too often. Killing people isn't supposed to be easy. We are all vets at this point, very rarely do new people play free shards.

It still isn't easy to kill someone with purple pots. That's not what i was suggesting. Practice throwing them and soon you may find that you like the additional mechanic. It can be difficult at first, but once you get the timing down it will become second nature, and you wont leave home without them!
I guess the only argument I can put forth is that I don't want to have to add this in to mana dumps and weapon swings because learning it will take time. I'm already extremely rusty because I haven't really been on the PvP scene since live and back then I was considerably bad at it. I understand the argument for keeping them and you guys are right, I either need to adapt or I should just quit. I love UO and I am just starting to establish myself on UOLL. I will adapt.

If a moderator wishes to delete this thread, feel free.
Hop in Discord. There are lots of people here who would be willing to help you learn the purples. Just ask in discord if someone is willing to show you, I'm sure someone will be around who will
Veranis: Who's brokering the deed fight @Brutal ?
Elk: How much are you betting and what are the rules
Brutal: patio deed
Brutal: Blitz can broker, i dont trust elk
Elk: it's time for me to cash in all my non-scamming years
Elk: And steal a patio deed
(08-19-2016, 09:15 PM)Veranis Wrote: Hop in Discord. There are lots of people here who would be willing to help you learn the purples. Just ask in discord if someone is willing to show you, I'm sure someone will be around who will

Oh, I'm sure it's just like everything else. It's not that I couldn't do it in the past, it's that I didn't want to. I am sure I can figure it out.