Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Discord and forum lockdown, bans
2 players have received a Discord ban and 1 player has been perma banned from the game. These are the first 2 bans we've ever had of long term players in the history of the shard. These bans will not be discussed in depth and any new forum posts discussing them will be removed.

For the time being, the forum and Discord will be under lock down, meaning no new accounts will be able to join the Discord server (you'll notice the link on the front page for Discord is now broken). If you need an invite to Discord, you will have to request one. This means for the time being, new players to the shard will be unable to join Discord unless given a link by a player or companion.

There has been a lot of drama on the server recently (not the good kind of drama), and no doubt the server will have taken a hit for the time being. UOLL has been through many hard times, worse than this, although this is the first one that has been caused by such toxic/cancerous behaviour. Such behaviour has gone as far as impacting morale on staff, and we have cut out what we believe to be the source of it.

At the end of the day, I'd rather run this server for 10 people that care about it, and care about other players, than 100 who just want to ruin everyone else's day. Player count has never been a big deal to me, but we'll see how we can recover from this going forward. As always, you can rely upon the stability of the shard, we will not be shutting down regardless of what happens, even if we had only 1 player online.
Felicity, Wolflin, Swunk And 7 others like this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Wise decision.
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]
its good to get rid of venom from the veins before it spreads too far...i can tell u truely care about us and the shard and i thank u for that...u are awesome jack as well as darwin and other staff!
Apoc likes this post
New on the server and would like some help? You are welcome to join our new players guild NEW. You can reach us in Discord
Elders of NEW are: The Gods, Ornithology, Groucho, Van, Kj(Temporary Co-GM), Catweazle(Temporary Co-GM), Pringles, and Black

I’m a happy player. Our staff is fully engaged and seems to genuinely care about the player experience. I’ve clearly never been touched by the cancer as I’ve never truly had a bad experience. From the sounds of it, I will always be a happy player.

Thanks,
Apoc likes this post
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage
This shard is great it doesn't only cater for amerincan based players but also european player's every single member of staff here are dedicated and provide us all with great events <3 regardless of anything else here we have some great staff who provide us with regular events etc 02.30am night said it twice bite me
[Image: Environment__POST_APOCALYPSE_by_I_NetGraFX-1.jpg]
Banning players for cheating is easy, banning toxic players who consistently stress test the boundaries of player, staff, and community harassment is much more difficult. It requires discerning administration who respect the unique and cut throat nature of the T2A era, it requires an administration in touch with the community, and it requires leaders who are brave enough to swing the ban hammer costing short term damage for long term prosperity. Keeping the balance in a T2A era is especially difficult and I think these actions are evidence of an administration that truly cares about the enjoyment of the players and the long term health of the server.
Apoc, Skrap, Jack And 3 others like this post
This is the shard that introduced me to T2A therefore giving me my first impression of T2A and I had a really great time playing here. Anyways, although I don't know what even went on and what led to these bans, I just want to say that I think you guys make good decisions and I wish you the best of luck.
(08-05-2016, 04:24 AM)Elk Wrote: Banning players for cheating is easy, banning toxic players who consistently stress test the boundaries of player, staff, and community harassment is much more difficult.  It requires discerning administration who respect the unique and cut throat nature of the T2A era, it requires an administration in touch with the community, and it requires leaders who are brave enough to swing the ban hammer costing short term damage for long term prosperity.  Keeping the balance in a T2A era is especially difficult and I think these actions are evidence of an administration that truly cares about the enjoyment of the players and the long term health of the server.

Amazing words Elk!
The most active and important part of the server is discord. People spend 10x playing on discord opposed to the actual game. There was and is a lot of cancer there. This is a step in the right direction. Anyone coherent with any type of mental stability seeking a logical or rewarding conversation was pushed away from even looking in there.