Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cure potions failing often
I agree that poisoning should have its use, I don't want it to be nerfed, my quibble is just that I think it's a little too OP at the 50% or so (just a guess) success rate it is at. You just can't carry enough cure potions for a fight vs. the relatively few DP potions the noxer must carry to sustain pressure until you're out of cures, then you're really in trouble. Also it's a lot of object actions. I know 90-100% might be overdoing it the other direction. I think 75% would work well: you will still fail 3-4 times in a row but very rarely (same success rate as 7th circle spells, rather than 8th circle spells).
Skrap likes this post
Veranis: Who's brokering the deed fight @Brutal ?
Elk: How much are you betting and what are the rules
Brutal: patio deed
Brutal: Blitz can broker, i dont trust elk
Elk: it's time for me to cash in all my non-scamming years
Elk: And steal a patio deed
(07-27-2016, 07:15 PM)Veranis Wrote: I agree that poisoning should have its use, I don't want it to be nerfed, my quibble is just that I think it's a little too OP at the 50% or so (just a guess) success rate it is at. You just can't carry enough cure potions for a fight vs. the relatively few DP potions the noxer must carry to sustain pressure until you're out of cures, then you're really in trouble. Also it's a lot of object actions. I know 90-100% might be overdoing it the other direction. I think 75% would work well: you will still fail 3-4 times in a row but very rarely (same success rate as 7th circle spells, rather than 8th circle spells).

Sorry but if this to be applied, I want a higher success rate for the already era accurate potion making. And lets add higher dura on mortars so our alchemists can make more pots too.
(07-28-2016, 03:02 AM)Isis Wrote:
(07-27-2016, 07:15 PM)Veranis Wrote: I agree that poisoning should have its use, I don't want it to be nerfed, my quibble is just that I think it's a little too OP at the 50% or so (just a guess) success rate it is at. You just can't carry enough cure potions for a fight vs. the relatively few DP potions the noxer must carry to sustain pressure until you're out of cures, then you're really in trouble. Also it's a lot of object actions. I know 90-100% might be overdoing it the other direction. I think 75% would work well: you will still fail 3-4 times in a row but very rarely (same success rate as 7th circle spells, rather than 8th circle spells).

Sorry but if this to be applied, I want a higher success rate for the already era accurate potion making. And lets add higher dura on mortars so our alchemists can make more pots too.

What does one have to do with the other?
Veranis likes this post
Dude, think outside the box.
Veranis and Isis like this post
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]

It costs 72gp to make a Deadly Poison potion. That's the same as making two purple potions. I really don't understand why you won't shut up about this non-issue.
(07-28-2016, 06:49 PM)Veranis Wrote:

It costs 72gp to make a Deadly Poison potion. That's the same as making two purple potions. I really don't understand why you won't shut up about this non-issue.

72gp? Clearly you have never failed over 20 times in a row. And this non issue is being addressed simply for the fact that if cure pots are indeed broken and not era accurate with their cuting and % success rates right now, then sure, fix them. But i want to see patch notes regarding the success % for curing dps, not just because someone is QQing on the forum.
(07-28-2016, 08:45 PM)Isis Wrote:

72gp? Clearly you have never failed over 20 times in a row. And this non issue is being addressed simply for the fact that if cure pots are indeed broken and not era accurate with their cuting and % success rates right now, then sure, fix them. But i want to see patch notes regarding the success % for curing dps, not just because someone is QQing on the forum.

8 nightshade consumed per successful potion, 4 nightshade consumed per failure; 1/5 success rate, 4/5 failure rate. That means 1*8 + 4*4 = 24 nightshade per potion created, at 3gp per nightshade equals 72gp. Set up a razor macro and loop it instead of doing it by hand, as I can not think of any other reason this bothers you so much than that you are double clicking mortar&pestles and selecting potion type manually.
(07-28-2016, 11:05 PM)Veranis Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 08:45 PM)Isis Wrote:

8 nightshade consumed per successful potion, 4 nightshade consumed per failure; 1/5 success rate, 4/5 failure rate. That means 1*8 + 4*4 = 24 nightshade per potion created, at 3gp per nightshade equals 72gp. Set up a razor macro and loop it instead of doing it by hand, as I can not think of any other reason this bothers you so much than that you are double clicking mortar&pestles and selecting potion type manually.

If you think I do this manually then you are smoking crack. I make 1 item (of anything) then run my simple macro

GumpResponse button 21.
pause 6 seconds.

Loop.
I don't actually think you do that, I just said it as the only reasonable explanation for why you have such a problem with it. You're macroing afk, and using 2300-2500 nightshade per DP keg produced, where's the problem? Is it the time it takes to produce a keg that you are at issue with? If so, you might consider that the non-era-accurate (large) amount of time required to produce kegs is helping give alchemy a player crafting market here. With the "5 mortars at once" method, you had the same demand, but 4-5 times the supply for the same man-hours done by crafters, so the crafting market for alchemy here has 4-5 times the "opportunity" it did in era. I'll say that I am quite happy Jack has made it this way, as it makes the shard more attractive to crafters.

Anyway, I've succeeded in derailing my own thread Cool Back on topic: Make cure potions great again!