Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cure potions failing often
Greater cures only seem to have about a 50% chance to cure Deadly Poison. I believe they are supposed to be closer to 90% but can't remember exactly, they might have even been 100% (as far as t2a era accuracy goes). Perhaps someone else could chime in if they know for sure. Anyway, sometimes I'll use 5-10 cure pots just to cure a single dose of DP, and that seems a bit too overpowering.

Sorry if this has already been posted about, I didn't find any specific thread where this was addressed, only that it was the RunUO default mechanics and not necessarily accurate to t2a (https://uolostlands.com/forum/showthread...93#pid1093)
Pringles and Bobby Boulders like this post
Veranis: Who's brokering the deed fight @Brutal ?
Elk: How much are you betting and what are the rules
Brutal: patio deed
Brutal: Blitz can broker, i dont trust elk
Elk: it's time for me to cash in all my non-scamming years
Elk: And steal a patio deed
if they change gcures to cure 90 or 100% of the time jack should change the success rate to make deadly pots from 25% to 75%.

Wink
DP had a 20% chance to craft with 100 Alchemy in era, so that's working as it should be. The efficacy of cure pots, however, is not Big Grin
I support an increase in the effectiveness of greater cure potions. Sometimes you have to drink 5+ pots to cure Deadly Poison.
I likes me some deadly poison. It's annoying when it gets cured before it even ticks. Considering the amount of money that goes into training poisoning, I'm fine with the cure rate.

It all depends on perspective. Poisoners want the cure rates as low as possible. People curing want it as high as possible. I think a 50% chance is a fair compromise between the two opposing sides of the argument.
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage
I'll do some digging and see if I can get some numbers for the era.
Bobby Boulders and Veranis like this post
Cheers!
(07-25-2016, 05:33 AM)Bobby Boulders Wrote: I support an increase in the effectiveness of greater cure potions. Sometimes you have to drink 5+ pots to cure Deadly Poison.

You will ruin the alchemist trade and profession for all. And yes, I know how potions are suppose to work veranis, but what I am saying is, if someone wants to fix era accurate potions to cure more, lets just start changing more stuff to please the makers of said dps.

see how this works?

1/2 of you play reds who disapprove of said changes and 1/2 of your same reds make these pots and play blue bards or tamers. but the red side wins because you play these more often.
My only disagreement with the greater cure pot is that it is less effective than the basic cure spell, and I don't think that should be the case. In my opinion, either the effectiveness of greater cure pot has room for an increase, or the effectiveness of the cure spell has room for a decrease.
Potions are currently accurate to a later era, I believe they are meant to cure DP most of, if not every time. In the past PvPers have actually said they like poison having a use, and thus I have not made it entirely era accurate. Poison (not cures) is somewhere in between T2A and UOR accuracy, more on the side of T2A. On the demo poison is actually incredibly weak and it's hard to even die to lethal poison if you aren't taking damage from anywhere else, and have no way to cure it.
Veranis likes this post
[Image: jack-sig.png]