Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enticement doesn't work.
Enticing a tamed pet currently doesn't work at any skill lvl. I recently tested this when I gated out apocs mare and tried to entice it. The way enticement is suppose to work is that when an animal is enticed it will follow the player until one of the following should occur:
  •     The target creature is within 1 tile of the enticing player.
       The enticing player is no longer within range for the creature to hear the music.
       The target creature has been following the enticing player for 10 seconds.
       Another player successfully entices the target creature.
       The target creature is a tamed animal and its owner issues a command.

When the enticed creature loses interest, it continues what it was doing prior to being enticed.
Is enticement not supposed to simply make the pet walk to the tile you were standing on when it was enticed? I was under the assumption that was the case, and not that the pet will follow the person who enticed it.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
(07-24-2016, 06:45 AM)Jack Wrote: Is enticement not supposed to simply make the pet walk to the tile you were standing on when it was enticed? I was under the assumption that was the case, and not that the pet will follow the person who enticed it.

According to the way another T2A server has the skill listed, this is wrong. I believe you are using or have listed the same set patch notes as they are and I will assume a few things are the same?

But I also see that a change to the skill happened much later in 2002 where it reads as:

Enticement. The only skill this ability takes is Enticement. This ability changes slightly. Rather than a one-time effect that draws a single target to the bard, it will become continuous, causing the target to continue to follow the bard so long as the song is being played. It, too, will become difficulty based. If the bard is very skillful, his or her Enticement effect may even be able to draw in multiple creatures of the same type, if the creatures are individually very weak. Bards working in groups will be able to Entice extremely powerful creatures individually, or groups of medium-level creatures. This is an actively targeted ability and is considered a negative act.

Source for the above insert: Enticement update 2002