Poll: Should Owners be allowed to remove vendors in there own vendor houses
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
67.86%
19 67.86%
No
32.14%
9 32.14%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vendors and Owner's rights
you cease to amuse me...
[Image: Environment__POST_APOCALYPSE_by_I_NetGraFX-1.jpg]
Jack, I finally had time to do some research on this. 

I used web.archive.org to find if there is anything written about how vendors worked back then (in 1999).
I searched in the waybackmachine http://uo.stratics.com and looked at a copy of uostratics.com from 25 january 1999.
There I found an explanation of how vendors work.

uostratics guide about vendors 25 jan. 1999
  • Vendors will only be eligible to remain in the house if you are the owner or a friend, and will pack up automatically if their owner visits them and is not a friend. 

This is all I could find. Maybe someone else can find more information about this. 
Apoc likes this post
[Image: I34cGTd.png]
(07-28-2016, 07:37 PM)Pringles Wrote: Jack, I finally had time to do some research on this. 

I used web.archive.org to find if there is anything written about how vendors worked back then (in 1999).
I searched in the waybackmachine http://uo.stratics.com and looked at a copy of uostratics.com from 25 january 1999.

• Vendors will only be eligible to remain in the house if you are the owner or a friend, and will pack up automatically if their owner visits them and is not a friend. 

This is all I could find. Maybe someone else can find more information about this. 

Jack-07/18/2016
I pride myself on being impartial, the vendor stuff was a mistake
I even got Darwin to remove the new rule he added regarding that

Luny-07/18/2016
Yes, but if the patch notes for phase 3 in dec 1998 are right, once the vendor owner is unfriended and he interacts with him, he disappears
I couldn't find the original OSI notes, just what uosa had put up [Image: 4dc13fd52f691020a1308c5b6cbc6f49.svg]
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]so looks like my vendor will be deleted too haha
[/color]

Good find though pringles,but you should have used the wayback when machine for oldpatch.html and looked at dec 1998. And I already mentioned it to jack via discord. ;(
(07-28-2016, 07:37 PM)Pringles Wrote: Jack, I finally had time to do some research on this. 

Only problem with this is, if the owner never visits them ever again, they don't fall until they run out of money Sad
Veranis: Who's brokering the deed fight @Brutal ?
Elk: How much are you betting and what are the rules
Brutal: patio deed
Brutal: Blitz can broker, i dont trust elk
Elk: it's time for me to cash in all my non-scamming years
Elk: And steal a patio deed
(07-29-2016, 02:31 AM)Veranis Wrote: Only problem with this is, if the owner never visits them ever again, they don't fall until they run out of money Sad

True, that's why on SA the staff removed vendors of unfriended players outside of building if a player didn't talk to the vendors after being unfriended.

I haven't found any information about what the policy back then was of GMs regarding this issue. And since I didn't play during this era,
I do not know if GMs helped with this or not. I think they did though, because on a later date OSI implemented vendor contracts, which made GM intervention not needed anymore.
[Image: I34cGTd.png]