Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navigation bug?
No matter where I placethe pins on a map (in relation to where I am), the tillerman always turns and sails straight east.

I'm not too familiar with doing this (in fact I have no clue at all how to auto sail with the tillerman). Any chance you could send me a quick rundown of how to do this? Thanks!

[Image: jack-sig.png]
Take a sea chart or a world map. Open it up, click <Plot Course> and drop your pins wherever you want. They will be numbered. Then you drop the map onto the tillerman -- it will drop back into your pack and be reusable since you can clear your plotted course and make another one. The commands should b as follows:

• start: Start along the charted course and continue until finished or stopped.
  • continue: Resume plotted course after stopped.
  • furl sail or stop: Stops current ship movement.
  • goto #: Sail directly to pin # on map, then continue on remainder of plotted course.
  • nav: Asks tillerman which pin # you are heading to on map.
  • single #: Sail directly to pin # on map, then stop.

What's happening for me is that the tillerman will accept the map and respond to the commands, but will only turn and sail straight east, no matter where the first nav point is in relation to me.

I don't seem to be having issues with this. My tillerman seems to go in the correct direction that I plotted on the map. I tried several different maps.Next time I catch you on I will come to find what the issue is. Are you using the recommended client (5.0.8.3)?

[Image: jack-sig.png]
Okay, I went back out and tried it again today and for some reason it seems to be working like it should. Have no idea what I was doing wrong before, though when I was trying it and it wasn't working, I think I was sitting right on one of the dividing lines between zones, so maybe that was the issue.

In any case, it is currently working now.