Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
for Auction: 9 platinum
(06-24-2016, 02:20 AM)A Handsome Stranger Wrote: I really, really don't get this.

Defaulting parties are not permitted to dictate conditions on redress.

"I reneged on our agreement, but now I'll actually show up and pay you, entirely unlike the last time I promised I would show up and pay you, and then didn't. This time I'll even let you keep the goods, but only if you do things exactly the way I want: Dance on my little Discord string new boy, dance! BTW, I'm only doing this to help you out."

Darwin, if this is how UOLL does business, I will not be doing business here.

Goodbye.

You need to smoke a bowl and give a hooker the ole crankshaft cuz yo ass put the tight in the word uptight ya digggggggggg
Veranis likes this post
(06-24-2016, 02:20 AM)A Handsome Stranger Wrote: I really, really don't get this.

Defaulting parties are not permitted to dictate conditions on redress.

"I reneged on our agreement, but now I'll actually show up and pay you, entirely unlike the last time I promised I would show up and pay you, and then didn't. This time I'll even let you keep the goods, but only if you do things exactly the way I want: Dance on my little Discord string new boy, dance! BTW, I'm only doing this to help you out."

Darwin, if this is how UOLL does business, I will not be doing business here.

Goodbye.

This is really a shame. I couldn't find in this thread that you and Skrap set date/time to meet up in game. Did you have PM contact with Skrap about that? I am a bit confused on this.
My 2cts on Skrap - he is a very kind and helpfull player and am sure his intentions are good. Am sorry that you are disappointed.
Having done many sales over forums, i know it is sometimes hard to get in touch with the buyer in game to do the trade. It can happen that you agree on a time and date and that person isn't able to meet in game (for whatever reasons). In those cases I personally PM again and wait a few days for respond, before posting.

Discord is if you want to get in contact with someone fast the best way. It is pretty simple to log-in too. Just type [discord in game.

Hope you don't quit server over this.
Skrap likes this post
[Image: I34cGTd.png]
This is one reason I would like auctions to stay in the thread so there is a record of who said what "in the auction". Sending PMs to one another is great until there is a snag with the transaction. Also as we have seen if one uses Discord and another does not, you have already cut in half your chances of seeing the person in game, as we have no in game client chat configured. I really hate to see anyone leave over this but I really don't see anything illegal that went down. Other than the fact another player couldn't meet your schedule. Maybe put that in your next auction, like "I must be paid within 8 hours of auction closing" - that would give me something to work with.

If you get this upset over timing, I'd hate to see what happens if you get house robbed or PK'd. You might want to consider another game altogether.

All: I updated the trading policy due to the situation that arose during this auction:

https://uolostlands.com/forum/showthread...29#pid5029

I hope its more clear now and misunderstandings can be avoided. Thanks.
Veranis likes this post