Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
for Auction: 9 platinum
s/b: 27k gold
b/o: 30k gold

auction will end 24hrs after last valid bid.

Please help the effin' new guy purchase his first house!

Thanks
I'll buy it!
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]
Yikes, that was fast.

I'll send you a PM.

Thanks
Retracted, I'll pay you the 30k. I was doing this to try and help you, I don't need the platinum, but I've been caught up in the recent spurt of action that's causing a population increase. Whoops.

Also, if you'd sign into our chat it would make things quite a bit easier. I don't tend to get on, or think about getting the forums at night.
Glad you guys could shake hands on this one Smile
(06-23-2016, 05:37 PM)Skrap Wrote: Retracted, I'll pay you the 30k.  I was doing this to try and help you, I don't need the platinum, but I've been caught up in the recent spurt of action that's causing a population increase.  Whoops.

Also, if you'd sign into our chat it would make things quite a bit easier.  I don't tend to get on, or think about getting the forums at night.

I'm confused: I'm not sure what has been retracted, or what you mean by "I was doing this to try and help you", as the only thing you did do was promise to meet me in-game to conclude a transaction, and then not show up at all, nor even communicate anything at all to account for yourself.

I am not intending to pick a fight, here: I'm just keeping the facts straight.

I have not acquainted myself with Discord, yet. At least for this transaction, I would prefer that we proceed in the fashion that I suggested last time: I can be available in-game from 10PM, EDT; PM me, please, and let me know when, and who, I should meet.

fwiw, I do not know precisely how this agreement "went south", only that I had participated in good faith, and was left "hanging in the wind" when the buyer failed to materialize and also subsequently failed to reply at all to my reasonable inquiry.

I will be relieved if this business can be concluded according to the agreed terms.

I hope to hear from you soon.
(06-23-2016, 07:10 PM)A Handsome Stranger Wrote:
(06-23-2016, 05:37 PM)Skrap Wrote: Retracted, I'll pay you the 30k.  I was doing this to try and help you, I don't need the platinum, but I've been caught up in the recent spurt of action that's causing a population increase.  Whoops.

Also, if you'd sign into our chat it would make things quite a bit easier.  I don't tend to get on, or think about getting the forums at night.

I'm confused: I'm not sure what has been retracted, or what you mean by "I was doing this to try and help you", as the only thing you did do was promise to meet me in-game to conclude a transaction, and then not show up at all, nor even communicate anything at all to account for yourself.

I am not intending to pick a fight, here: I'm just keeping the facts straight.

I have not acquainted myself with Discord, yet. At least for this transaction, I would prefer that we proceed in the fashion that I suggested last time: I can be available in-game from 10PM, EDT; PM me, please, and let me know when, and who, I should meet.

fwiw, I do not know precisely how this agreement "went south", only that I had participated in good faith, and was left "hanging in the wind" when the buyer failed to materialize and also subsequently failed to reply at all to my reasonable inquiry.

I will be relieved if this business can be concluded according to the agreed terms.

I hope to hear from you soon.
I don't need the platinum.  My intentions were to meet you and pay you for it since you're new and need the funds.  Like I said, I'll give you the 30k nonetheless, just sell it to someone else and make double.  I don't sign into the forums at night because those are the times I'm actually in game and typically in fights. 
I'll buy it @ 27k & anymore plat you might have @3k per. Like Skrap I respond to Discord more often than here on the forums. I'll try to keep an eye out on here though <3
[Image: wizkidsig.png]
This is my take on this, pulled from the context of the sale:

Skrap:
I don't need the platinum. My intentions were to meet you and pay you for it since you're new and need the funds. Like I said, I'll give you the 30k nonetheless, just sell it to someone else and make double. I don't sign into the forums at night because those are the times I'm actually in game and typically in fights. Skrap is being super nice to even offer this.

Wiz:
I'll buy it @ 27k & anymore plat you might have @3k per. Like Skrap I respond to Discord more often than here on the forums. I'll try to keep an eye out on here though <3

Handsome, you have to realize many people have been playing here for some time and really are pvp oriented so with all these new people playing, they are like Great White sharks that just got chummed. Yes you were clear on your auction that you wanted it concluded within 24h, but at the same time I ask that you be a little flexible when you are posting auctions. No one I have ever seen that ran their auctions like a drill sergeant did well in the long run. It is after all, a game that people play when they have free time. I do not see anywhere in this transaction where anyone was defrauded, lied to, or scammed, so as staff I cannot punish anyone. Between the two comments in this thread, you stand to make double your money, so I think you made out really well.

The two gentlemen above use Discord extensively, and if you could join that channel it would only promote your sales faster. In the end, if you do not like how fast someone pays you, etc. - you can remember that and put a condition that excludes them in future auctions. I am sorry you are disappointed with your first auction, on other shards it's a "buyer's market" and I don't see it being any different here, with it being a player driven economy.
I really, really don't get this.

Defaulting parties are not permitted to dictate conditions on redress.

"I reneged on our agreement, but now I'll actually show up and pay you, entirely unlike the last time I promised I would show up and pay you, and then didn't. This time I'll even let you keep the goods, but only if you do things exactly the way I want: Dance on my little Discord string new boy, dance! BTW, I'm only doing this to help you out."

Darwin, if this is how UOLL does business, I will not be doing business here.

Goodbye.
Veranis and Skrap like this post