Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(some) town-healers are buggy
I misadventured into the realm of the ghosts, and the town-healers in Jhelom just ignored me.

I even tried logging out/in, they would not resurrect me. Never was I criminal. I popped into and out of war mode and even ooooed at them: the one jerk walked into my tile and told me that I was standing too close ...

Luckily, I had an alt logged-in and not too far away, which I diverted to the body's location to strip the corpse, so I didn't lose anything.

After the alt had gotten my stuff back into a safe location and hid, I sent the ghost through the moongate to find a wandering healer: the wandering healer res'd me immediately.

Were I to guess, I'd guess that the town-healers had tried to res me before I had entered the shop, and then never reset to try again.

Whatever happened, it shouldn't have.
I tried out the healers in Jhelom and didn't find any problems. Healers resurrect you on a range basis - when you move into a particular range they will resurrect you, but only when you move from a 5 tile distance to 4 - they won't res you if you move from a 4 tile distance to 3. This means if you were not in LOS when you moved into range, they won't offer you resurrection until you move out of range and back into range.

Healer guildmasters do not resurrect at all, which might have been the NPC you were trying to get resurrected by.

I did, however, move the spawner for the main healer into the larger room, so it should be easier to resurrect there.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
Bucs is the worst.
Bobby Boulders likes this post
[Image: Jto3mRU.png]
(06-15-2016, 04:14 PM)Skrap Wrote: Bucs is the worst.

I have also experienced trouble with healers, particularly bucs, but also healers inside buildings in general. I usually have to run back and forth multiple times before one of the healers offers me a res.
I vote Jhelom the worst. I found walking up to them versus running helps. I die a lot so I have lots of practice.
Bobby Boulders likes this post
Yes, Jack, the real Healer was in the back room. I had figured it was an LOS thing, but nothing I could do could get him to move, or otherwise reset.

I was sure that the Healer Guildmasters didn't resurrect, so I am not surprised to hear your confirmation. I did not know specifically about the range 5/4 requirement: as I said, the actual Healer was in that back room all the time (and that room is, what; 3x4 tiles?).

If you've moved the spawner, hopefully instances of recurrence will be few. And now I have insight into the controlling mechanic that might help me adapt to any similar events in the future.

Thanks again.