Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hiding not working properly
Hello Jack,

I have noticed when trying to hide while being attacked, it starts the timer for when the skill can be used again. I believe this is not accurate to the era. The timer should only start after using the skill and failing to hide or hiding when you are able to. you are not allowed to hide while being attacked so you should be able to re-try immediately until you either fail or succeed naturally.

Example: Being attacked, use skill, cant hide here because of enemy attacking. You run out of range of enemy attacking and should be able to hide without waiting for the skill timer to cool down.

Thank you sir!

- Freeza
Jack of Shadows likes this post
I noticed that too, but wasn't sure if my memory was thinking of a later era

can you teleport with rings hidden here? That was one of my fav things to do, I don't think this era revealed you when using them
[Image: tumblr_nbdrgaFV2f1r1bm4jo2_500.gif]
(06-07-2016, 04:27 PM)Jack of Shadows Wrote: I noticed that too, but wasn't sure if my memory was thinking of a later era

can you teleport with rings hidden here? That was one of my fav things to do, I don't think this era revealed you when using them

Unsure about the teleport ring while hidden as I own none heh. I believe how  hiding works now is even after the AoS era. Is this something that can be fixed?
I actually changed this at some point so any use of the hiding skill has a 10 second skill delay. I didn't think it made sense there was no skill delay when you try to hide in combat (no other skill in the game has this behavior). I'd have to test it out on the demo to see if it's the same way there.
[Image: jack-sig.png]
If you couldn't hide because of enemies being too close, it'd let you hide when you got the proper distance with no skill wait (this is accurate) it's not a game breaker or anything, but was a bit less annoying.

mostly useful for when there are tons of peon mobs aggro'd on you
I just tried this in the demo and the behavior of being able to repeatedly attempt hiding until you are no longer agroed does not exist.

For the record, the behavior that is mentioned in the OP and throughout this thread is default RunUO functionality. I believe UOSecondAge has simply never fixed this.
(06-07-2016, 04:27 PM)Jack of Shadows Wrote: I noticed that too, but wasn't sure if my memory was thinking of a later era

I tried this on UOLL out of interest. You can do this. It wasn't intentional but may be a happy accident. The puffs of smoke that come from teleporting, and the sound effect will take place though. In regards to the accuracy of any of this, I have no idea, but if noone complains, it'll stay as is regardless.
Jack of Shadows likes this post
Jack I was at an event on Atlantic one time and I stole the special map/quest item from the Elder running it, I had a good 50-100 people after me, if it wasn't for the invis items/teleporting invis'd our beloved hero would have been slaughtered.

I think it was one of those quirks that made the items more fun.

The hiding thing out of aggro range with no delay is helpful when you have dexers who chase after you spamming an attack last key, but like I said, I always remember there being no skill delay if you got the "you can't hide right now message" but once again, I don't consider this a bad nerf, but it's how I remember it on prodo too.

I've been digging through the patch notes and there are a lot of things that were in ERA (especially stealing) that weren't addressed in some of those. I think a lot of it is cause they were changing the game non stop.

Anyhow, thanks for taking the time to get all of the little nuances looked at and adjusted. I appreciate your efforts here.
(06-08-2016, 08:51 AM)Jack Wrote: I just tried this in the demo and the behavior of being able to repeatedly attempt hiding until you are no longer agroed does not exist.

For the record, the behavior that is mentioned in the OP and throughout this thread is default RunUO functionality. I believe UOSecondAge has simply never fixed this.

Hello Jack,

Thank you for looking into this. I found the patch notes for where it was changed:

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Ultima_Onlin...01/19/1999

1/19/1999 which would be after the demo was already released hence why its not in the demo.

Hiding changes
  • Simply tabbing out of combat will not make it possible to hide. Instead, it will be dependent on line-of-sight to your attackers, and distance from them. The lower your Hiding skill, the farther away you need to get.

• The delay in using hiding again was removed if you failed hiding because you were in combat.

Does this help?

Thanks!
Jack of Shadows and Jack like this post
Yes, will fix Smile
Jack of Shadows and Oh` like this post