Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie questions
Hello Lost Lands!

Brand new to this server (yesterday), and I'm really enjoying myself so far. I haven't played UO in several years. I played IPY a long time ago, and before that OSI offical on Great Lakes from 1997 to 2001 or so. A lot of great memories from the era that Lost Lands is trying to capture.

I'm very rusty, and was wondering about a couple things that I couldn't find a reference for:

1) Are spellbooks newbied or blessed or whatever it's called these days? Worried about getting a full spellbook and losing it quickly on death. Or is only the default spellbook for a magery character newbied (or even is that?)?

2) I see that there are some things that are newbied, like instruments for bards. I made a bard, but didn't like the instrument I got. I'm invested in this character already and don't want to reroll and try for a different instrument with this character. Can I do it on other characters and trade the newbied instrument to my main bard and have it still last through death?

3) Do NPC magic shops sell higher level scrolls? Player vendors I've seen all sell bulk popular scrolls, not just 1 of a kind to help flesh out my spellbook for the time being, while I'm broke.

4) Any good rune libraries around? Trying to get to places like Nu'jelm, Occlo, and Wind!

Thanks for any help, and this is a fun server so far!
Rapture and Jack like this post

Messages In This Thread
Newbie questions - by Zoose - 04-24-2016, 02:57 AM
RE: Newbie questions - by Veranis - 04-24-2016, 04:10 AM
RE: Newbie questions - by Riven - 04-25-2016, 02:54 PM
RE: Newbie questions - by Rapture - 04-25-2016, 03:01 PM
RE: Newbie questions - by Varak - 04-25-2016, 04:29 PM
RE: Newbie questions - by Darwin - 04-27-2016, 06:16 PM