Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi. I'm Jamirus and I have a few questions.
1. Tailor BOD’s and Blacksmith BOD’s have some good stuff. Lots of cool house decorations can be earned, you can get special color cloth that isnt available in the normal dye tub, etc.

2. All skills are useful to a certain point. If you have a stack of 6,000 fish from your fisherman, having cooking helps to feed everyone☺ otherwise there’s really no use for it. Inscription you typically want to GM. At GM you won’t fail making anything 6th or below, 7th circle would have a 75% success rate and 8th a 50% success rate. Mid 70’s tailor is good for selling BOD’s. If you want to finish BOD’s yourself or make GM leather armor you should finish it.

3. Maps and MIB’s from fishing. You have 8 colors of ores you can mine. The ores only differ in color, they have no special properties.

4. I’ve done more than a few town invasions with reds running around next to you with no harm done. Like what was said above. When I did get PK’d I got a rez and a smile which is about perfect in my book.

5. Having three accounts really helps early on. Let’s say you want to train magery and resist by casting damage spells onto yourself. It’s very expensive to cast Gheal and it’s only a 4th level spell so you would essentially be “wasting” mana if you were in you 60’s trying to ebolt yourself. Instead you could have a second account with a scrub 50 heal/50 anatomy healer doing the healing at 1-2 GP per bandage. That’s fairly boring to watch, so while those two guys are chlling in the house you can hop on the third account and taunt dragons into killing each other. If you like boring you could grab a third account the cast additional damage spells onto the first character to gain resistance even faster. At the beginning you’ve usually got one or two accounts tied up doing boring stuff. The third account isn’t necessary, but it does help.

6. If you are fresh on the server the local graveyard is a good spot to start out. They drop bone armor which is pretty good protection for a new player. Wrong is considered a newbie dungeon, but I like Shame level 1 better. Shame level one has scorpions, so you need to be able to cure the poison in some way (bandages, magic, or potion) to be successful there. What you want early is to avoid ranged damage (mainly casters at this point). The scorpions and earth elementals both do melee damage only with the scorpion adding poison for “some” difficulty. It’s easy to get the elementals hung up on the stalactites so mages and archers can breeze through Shame level 1 about as easily as a dexxer can.

7. The money flows fast in UO. At first you probably want to sell everything, but after a few days you can stick to what’s convenient. If you are using the West Britain Bank (WBB) there is a weapon/armor shop, a jeweler, a clothier, and a provisioner all within one screen of the bank. About the only thing you can’t sell in under 30 seconds is scrolls and wands. You’ll have to go a couple screens north or East to find a mage shop that will buy them. Leather/meat/ore are usually too heavy to justify the pack space necessary to lug it to town to sell.

8. See question two. A lot of useless skills actually have a use at some point. Camping, herding, and spirit speak are worthless to any developed character. However, most of us use them a lot when building the stats for our characters, and then drop them once we get the health, dexterity, and intelligence we need. Begging is the only thing that comes to mind that has no redeeming value. Taste ID is pretty close, but an alchemist who keeps both greater poison and deadly poison kegs around can probably use it to make sure they don’t get mixed up. Nobody wants to put a deadly poison keg on his vendor at a greater poison price.
Magnesium likes this post
Thanks,

Varak - Bard/Mage

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hi. I'm Jamirus and I have a few questions. - by Varak - 02-17-2016, 10:29 PM