Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server wipe timer
Hey, completely new here, but I was talking with another player and they recommended I put it up on the forum to start a conversation. The server I came from is dying out from stagnant population of hoarders and house refreshers, so the suggestion has been made to wipe the server and start from scratch. They won't do it there, and it's their server, so not pitching a fit about it. This place is obviously new enough to not need that for a long time, but what about a system in place for long term server recycle? Like every (fill in time amount), chars/housing get wiped, so we keep all the work GMs put in as far as bugs/dev/mechanics/events/etc, but a fresh start for players. I think every server has a life before it goes sour from overpopulation/housing issues/hoarders, so it's just an idea to throw out there. We could also track housing/financial holdings so if someone wants to be the "winner" of the economic aspect each time the server cycle ends, that could be an achievement.

oh also, just to clarify so nobody thinks I mean short term, the time frames I would imagine would be in the 1-3 year type of cycle

Messages In This Thread
Server wipe timer - by Sly - 08-14-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Server wipe timer - by Jack - 08-15-2015, 02:55 AM
RE: Server wipe timer - by Sly - 08-15-2015, 07:11 PM
RE: Server wipe timer - by NewYears1978 - 09-30-2015, 03:19 PM
RE: Server wipe timer - by Darwin - 10-03-2015, 01:37 PM