Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lockbox Bug
The lockbox bug is absurd, I know people like PC want this in badly, because without it, they'd be pwnd left and right by thieves, but no one in era would have ran a thief if this was a part of the game (and there was hundreds and hundreds of them)

This bug is an abomination to fel and this time frame, it allows the negation of a complete pvp thief class for less than 50 gold, and it doesn't even make sense that you can add and remove/use things from a locked box (I believe you can even lock/unlock them with the key inside)

If you want to reflect classic gameplay, encourage skill use variety, and common sense, I'd suggest this is fixed. There are a thousand ways to Sunday to thief proof yourself without using a bug that 100% protects you with trammel in a box.

This and removing xray vision npcs calling guards through the walls would be huge first steps to creating thief mechanics that are playable for the server. In the long run it'd be beneficial to us all, allowing for a less pigeon holed styles of play. (Hally mages already have a one up with a heavy wep as it is)

Anyhow my 2 cents. Free servers hate thieves for some reason, but the orig UO devs made thieves very powerful and even after trammel struggled to keep them relevant, even if it was stealing cursed artifacts or stupid ass doom rares. I'd like to see the same care and attention done here.
[Image: GB0pgeo.gif]

Messages In This Thread
Lockbox Bug - by Hero - 04-14-2017, 12:58 PM
RE: Lockbox Bug - by Veranis - 04-14-2017, 08:26 PM
RE: Lockbox Bug - by Hero - 04-15-2017, 12:13 PM
RE: Lockbox Bug - by Pixelclicker - 04-23-2017, 07:18 PM
RE: Lockbox Bug - by Oroechimaru - 04-28-2017, 07:20 PM
RE: Lockbox Bug - by TKE MFO - 01-08-2018, 07:05 PM